Chapter 01: "Little Brother"

N/A: Jungkok as your younger brother

 (please, do not romanticize)

"Sometimes, when our days get too heavy, our routine too tiring,and the only certainty we have is the knowledge that a better support than our parents is impossible to find

"Sometimes, when our days get too heavy, our routine too tiring,and the only certainty we have is the knowledge that a better support than our parents is impossible to find. This is the moment we remember our family, and decide to come back home. "

(***)

I could still feel the morning wind against my face, along with the softness of the mattress against my skin. The duvet that covered me was so comfortable that if it hadn't been for the weight that had suddenly fallen on me, I probably wouldn't have gotten out of bed before 12 o'clock on a Saturday morning.

I heard the rustle of the curtains being opened and the blinding light hitting my eyes, which made it uncomfortable to open them. I knew I would be irritated with whoever dared disturb my sleep, whatever the hour of the morning. I couldn't be mad as Jungkook's excited smile filled my now clear vision.

He was the one who woke me up practically every weekend when I came back to visit the city, however, I still hadn't gotten used to being woken up in this way, especially since Jungkook was a very affectionate boy – always had been, and I, as some misfortune of fate, was not the type of person that was comfortable with as much physical affection as Jungkook usually offered me.

It must be something natural between siblings, and yes, I should be much more than used to it, however, even though we're siblings, sometimes I couldn't help but feel something close to discomfort when Gguk insisted on giving certain caress type displays of affection, as in inadvertently holding my waist, stroking his fingers over my neck or running the back of his hands over my face, not to mention the fact that I almost hyperventilate when he starts giving out kisses!

Not that I thought that this was necessarily bad – far from it, especially for me to have said that – but, as my brother knew how I was to his habits, it was quite obvious that his insistence on doing it was to tease me! And that was probably why he insisted on waking me up, because few things made me more alert than a grown ass man fussing over me.

"Don't give me another 15-minute story to fool me again." I saw him speak with a mischievous smile on his face, showing that he wouldn't get off me so easily. "You haven't come to visit us in weeks, don't even think that I will let you go anytime soon," and as if all that contact were not enough, this boy – just for the obvious and simple pleasure of making me mad, decided to whisper in my ear, as roguishly as possible, " even today, we have all day just for the two of us."

"Hm?" I was resolved to concentrate solely on moving the blankets aside and forcing my arms a little to try to get Jungkook off the bed until he finally got up, because that stupid provocation was enough to leave me testy for the rest of the day. "Where are our parents?"

"So," he said as he helped me make the bed, as soon as I had gotten up as well. "You didn't give Mom and Dad a notice early enough, so they had scheduled a trip to the capital, but don't worry, they are still at home. The bad news is that you will have to stay with me this weekend." He stood there with a scowl of someone who was up to something, but, seconds later he smiled again as if I didn't know how well that little head could plot. "Relax, silly," he smiled at my suspicious expression, giving me a kiss on the cheek, "I told them I would stay at home to not leave you alone, of course." He finished by taking one of my cheeks and lightly squeezing it, as if he were talking to a child, even though I am the eldest among us.

I pushed his hand away without bothering to complain because I ended up feeling guilty for what I did to Gguk. My sudden visit having made him give up the trip he would have had with our parents – and God knows how he loves to travel – that I barely bothered to acknowledge his hands that were pretending to play with clay while poking my face.

"Sorry," I said as I folded one of the blankets on the bed. I knew he was trying to hide his disappointment in not being able to go on the trip with our parents, and I somehow felt that without a doubt, he was upset with me. I looked over at him, and saw him staring at me again.

"Ah ... don't worry." He patted my shoulder playfully. "Look, it's not a big deal ... And how long has it been since we've had time just for us? Like, since you started college? And look, it's been over two years since you graduated."

I knew that tone, Jungkook might have had a smile on his face, but I could still see how upset he was at everything related to my leaving home – a subject he always found a way to discuss with me, insisting on my return – because when I was moving, Gguk was, at the time, the main advocator for me staying. I always felt bad about it, just remembering how hurt he was when I had to say goodbye to him.

"Or are you just looking for another excuse to have a one on one with me?" It would be best to not talk it out – as I always did – before the conversation ended up melancholic, like all the times that Jungkook started talking about it.

"Don't think you will beat me so easily just because you have some muscles, and don't even try to flatter me to let you win like last time!" I threw a pillow at his face and ran out of the room before he had the chance to strike back. "Better go say goodbye to Mom before she comes up here complaining about it." And I turned my face right in time to see a pillow being thrown against the side of the door.

" And I turned my face right in time to see a pillow being thrown against the side of the door

N/A: so, what do you think of this so far?