Chapter 8: The Hanging Tree

Jack

          War, that’s all I see around me. Everywhere I look, I see fire, blood, and the dead. I don’t understand what is happening, what was going on. I turn to see Kristoff lying on the ground, Anna next to him crying. “Anna…” I yell but she doesn’t hear me, she just keeps holding onto Kristoff’s hand. I start to walk to her, I felt like I was going in slow motion though. Then I see her start to grab something from his belt. I knew what it was right when I saw it shine in the light, his knife.

          “Anna… No!” I yell as I start to run. I watch as she puts the knife to her throat and pulls, I stop and look away, I was too late. I look back to see her body laying over Kristoff’s, their hands not letting go. I feel my hand going a tight fist, what is happening? “Hey Jack!” I hear behind me. I turn to see a tree, fire around it and a noose hanging low. Next to the tree is Bloom, she’s clinging to someone’s arm, only to see that it’s Sebastian.

          “Every wonder why we call this the hanging tree?” He yells. I raise my eyebrow only to see my father hanging by the neck form the tree, next to him is Emma… Then Elsa’s father. “What is going on Sebastian!?” I yell. I hear Bloom start to laugh, “War my dear husband, war!” I start to run to them then stop when I see Sebastian step to the side to see Elsa with a noose around her neck. “Elsa…” I start to run again, I can only see Elsa’s blue eyes turning red with tears. “Say goodbye to your wife Jack.” Sebastian yells as he pushes Elsa and I hear the rope snap and only see Elsa’s swinging body.

          I fall to the ground, and start to scream. How did this happen? I just look at the ground, it was over, I lost her, I lost everyone… I see a pair of blood red high heels walk over to me. I look up to see Bloom, a smile on her face, “Now we will rule these kingdoms.” I hear before she stabs me in the heart.

Elsa

          I woke up to Jack screaming, I never heard anything with so much pain before. I turn to him and start to shake him to wake up. “Jack. Jack sweetheart, wake up please.” I say as I see him open his eyes. He shoots up and looks around, I see cold sweat going down his face as he looks at me. “Elsa?” He slowly starts to move his hands up to my face, and I feel him touch my neck. “You’re okay.” He says and grabs me and pulls me close.

          “Jack, what’s wrong?” I ask as he just holds me. I hear him sigh, “I had a nightmare. About… a war… and everyone I love… Sebastian and Bloom… They did it. They… They want to take over both of our kingdoms Elsa.” I hear him say. I pull away, “What?” I watch as he moves his fingers through his hair, “Elsa… Hans told me that Sebastian and Bloom are lovers, they are just marrying us just so they can get our kingdoms, we have to tell your father and I have to do that same before…”

          I didn’t hear what else he said because I hear a scream. “That was my mother!” I say as I get up and grab my robe. “Jack my love, you have to go. I have a bad feeling something happened, I need you to leave so no one gets you.” I say as I touch his chest, how could last night be so magic only to be woken up like this? I feel him touch my face, “Elsa… please be careful.” He says as he pulls me in and kisses me softly. He pulls back, “You too.” He does a smile, “I’ll be back tonight.” He starts to walk to the balcony and looks at me, “I love you.” I feel tears go into my eyes are I hear a loud knock at my door. “I love you.” I say as he quickly climbs down the rose vine.