Chapter 7: Necessary Evil

Jack

          I kiss Elsa goodbye, God it was so hard to say goodbye to her. “Do you have to go?” I ask as I pull her into my lap, I don’t want to let her go. She nods, “I do. I have to figure out how to tell my family and our kingdom.” I sigh, “You’re right, I have to figure out how to tell my father.” She grabs my chin and looks into my eyes, “But you’ll be back here tonight right?” I nod, “Nothing will stop me.” She smiles and kisses me softly. “Then I’ll see you tonight.” She says as Kristoff helps her out of the carriage. I watch as Anna kisses Kristoff and then loops arms with Elsa and they walk inside. Kristoff joins me in the carriage.

          “You okay?” He asks and I nod, “Yeah it’s just hard to watch her leave.” I look at my ring, I was married. I can’t believe it. I feel the carriage come to a jerky stop making Kristoff and I jump forward. “What the hell?” I hear and then a bang at our door. I open the door to see Flynn. “Jack, you have to come, it’s Benny.” I raise an eyebrow, “What about him?” “His in a fight, come on!” I nod and jump out of the carriage; we’ll be faster on foot. God damn it Benny. I thought as we reach the beach, it looked different seeing it iced over the ocean.

          I see Benny and a guy with red hair and sideburns messing with him. “Who is that?” I ask as we start to walk over to him. “That’s Hans of the Southern Isles, Sebastian’s cousin.” Kristoff says. “How is he here?” I ask, last I heard he was in jail.” “They let him out; they didn’t have enough to keep him in even. They have no proof that he killed his brothers.” Flynn says as we reach them.

          Benny looks pissed, almost ready to attack, “Just get the hell out of here Hans, no one wants you here.” Benny yells. But Hans just laughs and crosses his arms. “I’m here for my cousin’s wedding. It’s going to happen in two days, when the moon is full.” I feel my eyes widen, he wanted to marry Elsa the same time Bloom wanted to marry me. I step in front of Benny, “Peace Benny, there is no need to fight.” I say.

          “His in the wrong kingdom Prince.” He hisses I’ve never seen Benny likes this. “Prince? So you’re the one my cousin has talked so much about.” I turn to him, “What are you talking about?” I ask. Hans smiles, “You really don’t think my cousin doesn’t know about you and his soon to be wife? Sneaking around with each other? He has eyes everywhere.”

          I feel my fist start to tighten, “Why are you here?” I ask getting pissed now too. This guy knows how to get under my skin. Hans shrugs, “I told you …” “No the real reason!” I yell. Then he laughs an evil laugh. “You really want to know? To keep you and Elsa apart till they marry, he just told me not to kill you but you’re pissing me off I might have to disobey him.”

          I see a knife under his belt, he wasn’t kidding. “Why would he tell you that? I would be out of the way right?” I ask, I see Benny grab his knife and put it behind his back. “Because you need to marry Bloom.” I hear as I look back at Hans. Wait… Bloom? “What about Bloom?” I ask. What is going on? Hans starts to walk up to me, a smile painted on his face, “Don’t you get it Frost? Your father met Bloom about three weeks ago, Sebastian has been talking to Elsa’s father for the same amount of time, and they want your kingdoms, both of them.”