Part 7

Asmita prayed desperately for any kind of miracle, a moment of reckoning to dawn upon the man who had unleashed his inner beast. Her heart pounded against her ribcage with apprehension as sweat poured from her temples with fright. Thinking that Daksh would capture her lips with his, Asmita turned her face away from him, only to see the study room to her side. Realization pushed her into a deeper abyss as she realized she had provoked the beast in him by her baseless allegations.

They brought her back from her thoughts, which did not condone his actions by far, as she felt his fiery breaths washing over her ears and his warm lips had descended upon her nape, kissing her with equal amounts of desires and anger. She wanted to scream and call for help to get away from his arms, but her throat refused to support her. His actions simply stupefied her, and unable to respond, and Daksh's ego could not help misconstruing that she was enjoying the punishment which she should not. 

He stopped placing passionate kisses over her nape and bit her feverish skin, mercilessly. He had broken her skin, and could feel her whimper under him in pain, but the show of domination only made the experience more pleasurable to him. She could not voice her dissent, and her physical struggle against him was futile as he proved to be much stronger than her. Tears continuously escaped her doe-like eyes, which had turned red in the hopes of rescue, in a way that even a stone could have melted. But Daksh Malhotra was not just a stone-hearted person, but a devil personified.

Soon, her cleavage had turned with the bites of Daksh, and it was then that it dawned upon him he was doing something completely inhuman in his anger, which he directed towards himself; the fury which compelled him pull away from her almost unconscious body.

As the weight on her reduced, Asmita opened her eyes to see an infuriated Daksh, glaring at her as if she was his culprit, as she felt her broken heart mocking in indignation at her.

"JUST GET LOST, ASMITA! YOU ARE FIRED!"

Her anger knew no bounds! How dare he to dismiss her and act as if she had wronged him, when he had forced himself upon her, ravished her against her will just moments ago?

"I don't need you to fire me, Daksh Malhotra, I am resigning myself. You should look out for sexual harassment charges, along with my resignation letter!"

Asmita staged a walkout, with the room resonating with her fury-filled words. She had no intention of letting the monstrous man gain an upper hand over her, and she was keen on making him regret his action.

Next Day,

DM Designs,

For the first time in his life of twenty-seven years, he had been guilty enough to lose his peace, concentration and sleep over. He was so lost in thoughts that he had forgotten about the delivery of the project to his clients till the Project Manager reminded him.

For the first time in his life, he had no motivation to work or receive words of praise for his dedication and professionalism. He delegated the project to another manager so that he could ponder over the situation at hand.

For the first time in his life, he was not angry at someone for disobeying him or retaliating against him. He accepted he deserved any action which she took against him, and he had also decided that he would not attempt to dismiss the charges against him.

It was unprecedented for him to crave for someone's forgiveness, and yet, he wondered if she will forgive him ever for what had happened the last night. The apprehension immersed him in the thoughts if she would walk in with her resignation, and give him one last chance to explain himself, or would they meet in the court of justice next?