Part 14

Daksh Malhotra was a worried and vexed man ever since he witnessed a certain Asmita Sharma dancing to her heart's content in the arms of a certain Vikas Singh, who was her best-friend since their childhood, according to an overjoyed Sunita.

Her exquisitely heartwarming and endearing smile, which had abandoned her lips over the months she had worked for him, had waltzed its way towards her crimson adorned plump lips.

The ache of his heart knew no bounds when the caretakers of the orphanage mischievously linked them romantically, and the woman who had held the reins of his heart had not tried to correct them.

His tempestuous mind could not help but wonder if it was the same man who had evoked joyous bursts of laughter from her when she was working for him, leading to a confrontation between them.

His jaw clenched and his palms balled into fists every time the image of them dancing away resurfaced and his envious and depraved heart, anxiously and furiously pacing, ensured that the image would continue to haunt him.

Daksh Malhotra has had enough. The go-getter that he was, he could not and would not throw away the challenge that the situation posed, and he had every intention of turning the situation to his advantage, and that seemed to be the only thing that mattered.

___________________________________________________

The logistics and the timing to execute his devious plan had immersed Daksh in thought. He stood in a secluded place near the pillar when he saw Asmita pass by his side. The blissfully ignorant woman had set out to fetch water for Sunita.

Realizing that no one around them was paying them any attention and the situation to be the opportunity that he was waiting for, he grabbed her hand and tugged at it, causing her to crash into his chest. It did not take long for Asmita to identify the one who had pulled her onto himself as his touch burned through her skin and evoked panic in her.

Despite the momentary paralysis out of fright, Asmita recovered soon and her pupils furiously dilated and her nostrils flare for being subjected to such behavior from him. She opened her mouth to voice her dissent when his palm shut her mouth, but her expressive eyes were more than competent in revealing her discomfort and fury. He put her right arm around his neck, swept her off her feet, and picked her up in his arms.

As the pillar was near the main door, he did not catch anyone's attention as he put his plan into action. He rushed to his car, holding one hand over her mouth to prevent her from screaming, and placed her in the passenger seat before securing the seatbelt.

Shocked would have been an understatement to describe Asmita's feelings at the moment. She could not comprehend the reason behind his actions as she had concluded that he had mellowed down. She wondered if the whole warm demeanor was a charade to trap her. When he saw his plan failing, he had reverted to his egoistic and beastly ways.

"What kind of shameless behavior is this?" she asked. She struggled to escape from the car after removing the seatbelt, but he was faster than her. He had ascended the car and taken the driver's seat, allowing him to stop her from descending the car.

"If you are calling this shamelessness, I would like to know the adjective of your choice to describe our first night," he said in a husky voice with a smirk as he secured the seatbelt once again after turning on the central locking.

Asmita felt the world spin around her as his last word reverberated in her ears and incited pangs of fear in her. She was keen on not showing her fear and hence preventing him from feeding off her fear.

She arched an eyebrow at him. "Where are you keeping me after this kidnapping is successful?" she asked.

"Who told you I am kidnapping you? I suggest you to not stress about the possibilities, darling! Keep calm and see what happens."

His triumphant smirk which showed no signs of leaving his lips and the arrogant undertone made shivers run down her spine.

It was a matter of mere minutes when the car screeched to a halt in front of a small temple, much to her surprise. To the best of her knowledge, Asmita knew Daksh was an atheist, and it made little sense for him to bring her to a temple even if he was a believer.

He reached to her side in long strides. "Get down!"

She obeyed him, curiosity guiding her, and she knew he would physically force her to descend and she did not have any intention or interest to feel his touch. He closed the door behind her and held her hand as he started moving swiftly, ignoring the fact that Asmita was struggling to cope up with him.

They were about the reach the sanctum santorum, but he showed no interest in revealing his reasons for his actions. "Do you mind explaining what we are doing here, Mr. Malhotra?"

"To make you Mrs. Asmita Daksh Malhotra from Miss Asmita Sharma," Daksh said as if it was the most obvious thing.

Asmita felt the ground slip beneath her feet as her eyes turned into saucers, listening to his statement. She struggled to control the tears that were threatening to escape her doe-like eyes.

"Are you in your senses, Mr. Malhotra? You want to marry a girl whom you have tried to take advantage of on over one occasion, but you were unsuccessful. What are you trying to prove? That Daksh Malhotra can have anyone in this world or no one can defeat Daksh Malhotra in the matter of ego?"

"Yes, I am completely in my senses. And it does not matter what I want to prove or what I don't want to prove. What matters is that I want to marry you."

"And what if I don't agree to marry you?"

Determination laced her tone, although she knew her determination would not last long.

Much to her surprise and fear, his smirk only widened at her question. She was sure that he had prepared for such an event, and she was certain that she would not like what he was going to say next.

"Your dear friend Sunita's marriage will not take place. Don't even think I cannot do it because you know who I am! Amit would never question my decision!"

The cruelty and selfishness of the person in front of her shocked her. All her courage vaporized after listening to his calculated words. Sunita had been everything to her since their childhood, and she could not let Sunita's heartbreak when she had the chance to prevent it. She could not deny the fact that accepting the proposition was akin to accepting an invitation to hell.

He felt pity for the crying innocent soul standing in front of him, but the only thing that mattered to him was possessing her completely and making her his. He did not know where the fatal attraction would lead to, but he intended to act on it, irrespective of what he had to do for the same.

"Think whatever you want, but my condition will not change. If you don't want Sunita's love to leave her at the altar, then marry me and be my wife."

The finality in his voice made Asmita shudder at the mere thoughts of his words turning into reality.

She did not seem to have another option. Her heart, her emotions, and her love for Sunita were overpowering her mind and were not letting her think straight.

"So be it, Mr. Malhotra! But do not think even for a second that I would consider you to be my husband!"

_______________________________________________

Did I mention that I hate Daksh? I have some sympathy for Vikram of Bleeding Roses and Atharv of His Forced Bride, but Daksh can only incite hatred in me.

Updating before twelve because I can only give three announcements in a day. I will try to update 'Bleeding Roses' and 'His Forced Bride' tomorrow as part of my birthday treat, but in case I can only update one, I will update 'His Forced Bride' because I updated 'Bleeding Roses' today.