Chapter 4

Joe was in a shootout with one of the Mardon brothers. "I've got a plane to catch!" out of nowhere, a plane came to pick up Clyde.

"What the hell?" Clyde continued to shoot at them even when he was in the plane. One bullet actually trucked Joe's pattern Chyre.
"Ah!" Chyre fell on the ground, losing a lot of blood. Joe ran to him when he heard the thud on the ground from his body.
"Chyre, hang in there." But it was too late, Chyre was dead.
"10-999! I request immediate backup."

(Back at the station)
Eddie went up to Barry's lab to drop off some paperwork. As he walked in, he saw all the chemicals on the floor and Barry unresponsive. Eddie screamed for help and they rushed Barry to the hospital. When the ambulance came, everyone in the station was freaking out because how are they going to tell Joe that his "son" was found unresponsive.
Joe finally reached the station without his partner. He walked in with his head held down low, trying to find Singh to tell him about Chyre. Before Joe could've even looked for Singh, Singh found him and called him into his office.

"Uh... Captain, I have something to tell you.." Joe voiced.

"I have something to tell you first," Singh's face dropped drastically.

"Okay... I'm not fired, am I?"

"No... um.... Barry is in the hospital."

Those were words Joe never wanted to hear, "What do you MEAN?!"

"We found him unresponsive in his lab and is at the hospital right now."

Joe felt his heart being ripped out of his chest and someone ate it up, threw it up and stomped on it. "So you have the rest of the night off and 3 weeks paid off. So I suggest you better get going."

"What do you want to tell me?" Joe rubbed his face to gather his emotion.

"There was a shootout with Clyde Mardon, Chyre got hit and didn't make it."

"Wow... two of our best men on the same night... Well I'll notify his family but you get going to Barry" and with that Joe rushed out of the station going towards his car. Joe was going 80 on a street that was 55. It's usually a 35 minute ride to the hospital from the station, but Joe made it to the parking lot of Central City Hospital in 10. Joe didn't even park right before running into the hospital to ask for Barry, till he saw him on a gurney.

"Bary... BARY!! Please answer!" Joe was practically crying. "What the hell happened to him?"
"He got hit by lightning." the doctor stated. The doctors rushed him into his own room, Joe couldn't be in there seeing him like that, so he walked out of the room and texted Iris.

 The doctors rushed him into his own room, Joe couldn't be in there seeing him like that, so he walked out of the room and texted Iris

Once he texted Iris, all he could hear was the beeping noise of his machine and the doctors talking. "How is he still alive?"

They brought out the defibrillator because Barry barley had any pulse left,"Go."
"No heartbeat. Cbc, chem 24, type and cross four."
"Bag him."
"He's coding."

After a few minutes, Iris rushes into the hospital. "Where is Barry Allen?" Iris said, now getting visibly anxious. "Iris over here," Joe got up to embrace her into a big warm hug.

"OMG... Dad?! How's Barry? Can we go in?!"
"Iris, I don't think right now is the best time to go in."

"And WHY NOT?! My best friend is in the hospital, so I AM GOING IN." Iris rushes through the room with no warning. "You can't be in here," one nurse said.

"I'm family!"
"Charge the paddles to 200," one nurse said with paddles in his hand.

"Miss, you got to go..."
"No, he's family!"
"Miss leave now," another nurse stated while pushing Iris out of the room.

"Barry!"
"Clear."
When Iris was back in the hallway, she texted Maya to tell her that Barry is in the hospital.

"When Iris was back in the hallway, she texted Maya to tell her that Barry is in the hospital

Maya didn't answer Iris, so Iris tried again.

Still no answer. Iris was about to send another message until she heard the doors of the hospital open. In comes Maya. Both Iris and Joe see Maya on the gurney. "Doctor... Doctor, what happened to her?!" The Doctor told Joe, "She got struck by lightning and now is unresponsive." Iris just rapidly broke down. Both of her friends were unresponsive and got struck by lightning. Since no one was there for Maya, Joe signed her papers, and asked for her placement to be in the same room with Barry.