Chapter 20

Maya was a little mad about the whole meta cuff thing, but Barry apologized and told her the reason he did what he did. Even though it doesn't justify what he did, she could see where he was coming from.

(Nobody's Pov)

Barry locked Eobard/ Wells in the pipeline after Oliver made him unconscious. After work the next day, he went to go check up on him. Yeah, this is the man that killed his mom, but Barry isn't cruel where he's going to leave him to starve. "What? No Big Belly Burger? It's one of the few perks of living in this time. We're out of cows where I come from. You don't care about that. You have questions. Go ahead."

"Not sure where to start... Thawne. That is your actual name... Eobard Thawne," Barry asked.

"Since the day I was born."

"And when was that?"

"136 years from now. That's not what you want to know. Go ahead, Barry. Ask it."

"Why did you kill my mother?"

"Because I hate you. Not you now. You years from now."

"In the future."

"In the future. Yes. We're enemies, rivals, opposites, reverses of one another."

"Why? Wh-why were we enemies?," Barry asked confusedly.

"It doesn't matter. It doesn't... matter anymore. What matters is that neither of us was strong enough to defeat the other. Until I learned your secret. I learned your name. Barry Allen. And finally, I knew how to defeat you once and for all. Travel back in time, kill you as a child. Wipe you from the face of the earth. But then you, future you, followed me back, and we fought. We both landed some pretty solid shots. And then you, future you, got your younger self out of there. I was so mad. But then I thought... What if you were to suffer a tragedy? What if you were to suffer something so horrible, so traumatic that your child self could never recover? Then you would not become The Flash. And so I stabbed your mother in the heart, and I was free. Finally able to return to a future without The Flash, only to realize that in traveling back I'd lost my way home. Lost my ability to harness the speed force. And without it, I got stuck here. Stranded in this time, unable to return to my own. And the only way back was The Flash. But The Flash vanished, and so I created him," Eobard monologues.

"Why train me? Why help me save so many people?"

"Because I needed you to get fast. Fast enough to rupture the space-time barrier and create a stable wormhole through which I could return home."

"Why would I ever do that?"

"Because... Barry Allen, if you give me what I want, I'm going to give you what you want. You can go back and save your mother and can prevent your father from going to prison. You can reunite the Allen family."

"No. No, I don't believe you. I want to kill you right now."

"I know that rage. I used to feel that rage every time I looked upon you. And now, somehow, I know what Joe and Henry feel when they look at you with pride. With love."

"No. No. Don't you ever say that to me!"

"I know you're upset, but I'm giving you a chance. I'm giving you a chance to undo all the evil I've done. Don't you want that chance?"

This was a lot to process for Barry so he left Eobard there in the pipeline cutting off their conversation, to see what the other members of team flash thought. "The rare opportunity to go back in time and right a wrong and save your mother's life... quite the paradox Harrison has presented you with, Mr. Allen," Stein said.