Chapter 11

~Time Skip to Saturday~

(Nobody's Pov)

The week went by pretty fast. Barry fought some metas alongside Maya. They got new suits. Things are slowly getting better between Maya and Barry. Although other things have gotten a tab bit awkward... Barry and Maya really need to figure out this living together thing because between the both of them they walked in on each other one-to-many times.

(Maya's Pov)

I was getting ready for my big date with Harrison and suddenly I became nervous. I don't know what I'm stressing about. It's just dinner and a movie, nothing too serious. Just take deep breaths... everything is fine.

As I was getting ready, I heard something behind me, "FUCK!" I turned around and saw Barry hunched, grabbing his toe. "Are you okay?" Barry stood up straight and lifted his head to meet mine. As he met my gaze, he scanned over my body and bit his inner lip slightly while he looked at me in awe. "Yeah, I just stubbed my toe.... You look stunning by the way, Harrison is a lucky guy," Barry said blushing, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Thanks." I tried to get the back of my skin tight shirt zipped up. I tried and tried but it wouldn't budge, and Barry is over there on my bed watching me struggle while laughing his head off.

"How about instead of laughing at me... you actually try to help."
"Why would I do that? It's funny watching you struggle."

"Fine, then I guess I won't make my famous chocolate chip cookies anymore," I stated, knowing that when I threaten the cookies, he'll finally listen.
Barry being dramatic, "HOW DARE YOU?! You didn't need to threaten the cookies... What have they done to you? They are innocent and belong in my stomach."

"Well, if you don't help me zip this up, I'll revoke your cookie privileges."

"HOW DARE YOU?! Fine, I'll help." Barry got his lazy butt off of my bed and walked towards me, turning me around when he was close enough. He zips up my shirt and puts my hair back to where it was before he moved it, "There you go."

"Thanks Barry," I said, placing a cheek kiss on his cheek with mine because I didn't want to ruin my lipstick. I pulled away and noticed that Barry was shirtless in grey sweats.... Like damn! I could feel myself about to drool, but immediately stopped. I have a date right now... now's not the time to be drooling over Barry. I thought I got away with it till Barry had to call me out. "Like what you see?" He smirked.

"What... what are you talking about?"
"You know I caught you looking, right?" I blushed a lot at what he just said. "Take a picture, it would last longer."

"Shut up," I playfully rolled my eyes. Before he replied, the camera doorbell went off and both me and Barry got the notification on our phones. I opened up the app and saw that it was HARRISON! He was a tab bit early, I haven't even gotten my things together.

"Who was it?," Barry asked.

I hurry getting my things together, "Harrison.... Where's my keys?!" The doorbell rang again, this time Barry got up to open the door.

(Barry's Pov)

I got to the door and opened it for Harrison, "Hey Harrison... Maya is just looking for her keys she'll be right out." He looked in shock. I don't why he was so shocked... but then it hit me... I don't have a shirt and I'm in grey sweats that hung sort of low... well, low enough to see the hem of my Calvin Klein boxers. I mentally palmed my face, knowing what he thought was going on. "I swear it's not what it looks like," I said, trying my best to do recon. Before He could speak, Maya shouted, "FOUND THEM!"

"Well, you can come in." I moved aside to let him in, but as he was about to walk in, Maya came into the room.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah," Harrison said. He grabbed her hand, and she interlocked her finger with his. Damn this hurt. How I wish that was me. "Alright bye Bar." Maya smiled. "Bye Gremlin." Harrison looked even more confused as he was when he saw me open the door. Maya and Harrison left, and I locked the door and went to the couch just thinking about how I missed my window.

(Nobody's Pov)

-At the car -

Once they got to Harrison's car parked outside, Harrison opened the car door for Maya. Maya thanked him and smiled as she got inside. Wow, the first guy to show some hospitality to her, well except for Barry but that's because Joe raised him to always be a gentleman, but for the normal guy Maya meets at the bar, clubs, office, etc. they would've never done what Harrison did. His mom raised him well. Harrison went around to the driver's seat and started the car as he got in, placing his hand on the top of Maya's knee as he pulled away from the apartment.

-At the restaurant -

"So where are we going," Maya asked.
Harrison pulls into the parking lot, "Here."
Maya looked out the window and saw it was Olive Garden and her eyes lit up. She turned back and faced Harrison with an enormous smile. "I take it I choose the right place," Harrison smirked and laughed.

"I love Olive Garden!"

"I could tell." Harrison said as he parked the car and turned off the ignition. Harrison runs to open the door for Maya, "Well let's go, our reservations await us" He said and offered his arm to interlock with her. They walked hand in hand or arm and arm together into Olive Garden, checking in and got seated quickly. They already bought the drinks and left to give some time for them to decide what they want.
After a good 15 minutes, Harrison and Maya finally decided on what they wanted just in time before the server came to ask for our orders. "I'll grill Chicken Alfredo," Harrison said, smiling.

"Sure thing... What about you?"
"I'll have all you can eat, Potato Soup."
"Sure thing... it should be a few minutes," and with that she left.

-After Dinner -

After they finished eating, they used the little tablet thing on their table to pay. Harrison went to pay but Maya insisted on her getting her own bill, but Harrison said, "I'm the one who asked you so I'm going to pay." Maya at least insisted on paying the tip, Harrison was reluctant but Maya would not take no for an answer so he left her to pay the tip. Once everything was situated, they were off to the movies.

-At the Movie theater -

"Alright ladies pick," Harrison said as they were in line in front of the box office. Maya saw they had the new Mark Wahlberg movie "Mile 22" here, and she's been dying to watch it, so she told Harrison.

"How about Mile 22?"

"Yeah, that's perfectly fine," Harrison agreed, even though he did not know what the movie was about. They were finally at the front and were next. "Have a good movie."

"Two adult tickets for the 8:30 screening of Mile 22," Harrison said.

"Alright here you that would be $26.50." Harrison grabbed the tickets, handed them to maya and paid the woman in the box with two twenties. She gave him his change and off they went to their assigned seats.