Chapter 21

~Two hours after the makeshift wedding ceremony~

Everyone went back to their stations to get ready to time travel. "Okay. There are going to be three of you back there... you from the future who saved younger you from the Reverse-Flash and now you you. Remember, wait until the future gets younger you out of there, and then you can save your mom. Piece of cake. May the Speed Force be with you (A/N: Okay Obi Wan Kenobi...)," Stein stated.

"Goodbye, Dad," Barry said as he hugged Joe.

"Goodbye, Son."

"Iris..."

"You don't have to say anything. I already know. I hope whatever life you get, it's enough for you. That it makes you happy," Iris said.

"You too."

"Maya..."

"I love you too... just come back to me.... No matter what timeline... I know you'll come running home to me."

"Remember, Mr. Allen, assuming you achieve the proper velocity and open the wormhole, you will only have 1 minute and 52 seconds to save your mother and return. Or else..." Stein said. Barry already had his suit on, "I know."

"Well... you hold both our futures in your hands now, Mr. Allen. And I know you can do it," Wells said. "Now... Run... Barry. Run." After that Barry took off and all that got left behind was an orange-yellowish blur.

"The accelerator's structural integrity is holding," Maya said.

"What was that? Is Barry okay?"

"Yeah. He just passed Mach Two."

(Iris) I was waiting for you to bring Barry home.

Looks like he's going to be staying here for a while.

"Barry, what you're seeing is the Speed Force: your past, you present, your future all at once. You need to focus on where you want to go. So think about... that night. Think about your mother," Wells said.

(Henry) Time for bed. Good night, slugger.

(young Barry) Mom!

[Nora and young Barry shouting]

"It's working. It's working," Stein said excitedly. "Inject the hydrogen particle now." Once Barry collided with the hydrogen particle, he disappeared.

"What's that? What happened?," Joe asked.

"Barry... he's gone," Cisco said. "Look. The wormhole. And it's stable. Start the clock."

(young Barry) Mom!

Mom!

Barry!

Mom!

[screaming]

Nora! Hold on!

[slow motion] Run, Barry, run!

Barry, no!

Barry arrived in his room and hurried down the stairs to stop Future Wells from killing his mom. When he was about to sneak out of the kitchen door that he was behind trying to keep hidden, Future Barry saw him and just shook his head no at him as if he already knew why he was there. In that split second, Barry took Future Barry's command and stopped his footsteps from leaving, letting his mom die. But this time he has to watch. [knife pierces flesh] [Nora screams] [Nora falls and whimpers as Wells runs away] In that moment Barry just broke down and closed the door while sliding down it, hands against his forehead, letting out a quiet but painful cry. Barry finally got his breathing under control and didn't hear any noise, so he ran out to his mom.