Chapter 16

(Time skip five months)

Five months have passed, and Maya and Barry got their last updates to their suits. Harrison moved back to London to help his family because his grandma got diagnosed with Alzheimer's. (A/n: Harrison's grandma in actual life doesn't actually I just needed an excuse for him to go back to London... don't worry he's coming back later.) Even though Harrison moved away from Central City, he and Maya were still friends. He didn't completely hate her after their date like she thought. He completely got it... she was in love with Barry and that was very much clear. What was he, the one to think he could impede that? Barry and Maya are endgame. Harrison is just lucky that he got a chance with her, even though it was a brief chance. Harrison and Maya face-time daily or as much as they can and he also sends pictures of London to her. Maya can also now control her powers and goes on more rounds with Barry to catch meta humans.

(Nobody's Pov)

Wells has been really sketchy recently. He's always sneaking around the team, being snarky towards Joe, and speaking to Barry about his speed as he experiences it before... not even Stephen Hawking or Albert Einstein could've talked to Barry the way Wells did. That is something that no genius cannot account for. Barry isn't average. He's an anomaly... a peculiarity... a product of chance that no one could account for, but yet Wells can. How can he? The way he explains things is like the way Yoda explains things to his jedi... things that could only be explained from experience. Apparently no one seems to catch this. The only ones that observed this were Maya and Joe, which they found it really weird that Wells talked with so much experience. Maya even caught Wells almost stepping out of his wheelchair.

Joe and Maya were in the cortex with the rest of team Flash minus Barry. Wells was being just as weird as has been. Joe pulled Maya to the hallway, "Maya, don't you think Wells is acting strange?"

"No, I get you. Yeah, I think the same thing... he's been acting so standoffish recently, like he's keeping a secret."

"Right."
"So what are we going to do about it?" Joe thinks about it for a while, "I think I know what to do."

"What is it?," Maya said.

"We are going on a trip." Maya just looked at me, "Okay." They walked back into the cortex to tell everyone that they are leaving. As they walked out Barry walked in, "Maya, where are you guys doing?"

"Um..."
"We have something to do at the station," Joe said.
"Do you need me?" Barry asked.

"No, stay here and figure out who our new meta is," Joe said.
"Alright... Well, see you later at the apartment maya."

"Alright see you later Barry." Joe and Maya rushed out of S.T.A. R Labs and go down to the parking lot to Joe's car. "Mind telling me where this trip is?"

"Mercury Labs," Joe stated.
"Mercury Labs? For what?"
"To see one of Wells' old friends. Maybe see has some intel on him."

The car ride to Mercury Labs wasn't that long as to see it was only three blocks away. Once they got their guards stopped them from going in till Joe flashed his badge. Joe and Maya were finally let in. After the whole particle accelerator exploded creating meta humans, Mercury Labs has become a private contracted lab to protect them from certain things that are happening in Central City, so understandable that they would get stopped at the doors.

As Joe and Maya walked in, Maya was in awe of the Lab. It was much bigger than S.T.A. R Labs, even before the explosion. "You think Wells' old friend would help us? Wouldn't she want to protect him?"

"I don't think so. They had a falling out. She doesn't even want to see the man again," Joe said as he walked to the reception desk with Maya following behind.