Chapter 12

The movie was over and Maya throughly enjoyed it while Harrison looked shocked that she would pick out a movie like that

The movie was over and Maya throughly enjoyed it while Harrison looked shocked that she would pick out a movie like that. Harrison didn't really peg Maya to be an action/ gore person, but he stands corrected. "That was a great movie," Maya exclaimed.

"That's definitely not what I expected. You could've given me some heads up," Harrison laughed.
"The trailer didn't show all of that, and I practically watch anything with Mark Wahlberg in it."
"So you like Mark Wahlberg."

"Yeah, that's that the only thing me and my cousins could actually watch together without fighting and I mean come on... he's very attractive. Like have you seen his Marky Mark phase?"

"Of course... every girl young and old loves his Marky Mark phase," Harrison said playfully rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, but I like his phase that he is in now and not most would say that."
"Alright... I stand corrected." They finally reached the car and Harrison opened the door and drove Maya home.

Once they got to her apartment door and stood in silence for a while. "Well, I had a great time tonight."
"So did I... um Maya?"

"Yeah?"
"Would you like to go out with me like... maybe on multiple dates and then maybe boyfriend and girlfriend? It's okay if you say no."

Maya's look on her face dropped a little, "I would love to go on a second date with you but I'm not ready to date yet." This was not a lie. She wasn't ready yet, but not just because she's not ready yet but because she was still waiting on Barry. Harrison understands and just lets it be. They said their goodbyes and Maya walked into the apartment. As she walks in, Maya sees Barry watching her favorite movie "6 underground" with Ryan Reynolds.

"Hey," Barry said.
"Hey," Maya said as she put keys down and took off her jacket.

"How was the date?"
"Well... good, but we will not be a thing."
"Why not?" Barry paused the movie becoming intrigued.

"Because I'm not ready to date yet." Barry smirked. "Okay... wipe that smirk off your face... it's not because of you." That was a complete lie. "Yeah, okay," Barry said.
"Movie night?," Barry asked.
"Movie night."

- Next Day  -

Maya's alarm went off, waking both Maya and Barry up. Once they wake up, they realize they are asleep on each other with a random movie playing in the background. Barry and Maya made eye contact, and all Barry could do was smile at her because she was curled up in his body.

"You look cute wrapped up in my arms." Maya blushed and buried her face deeper into his chest. "Shut up," Maya said, buried deep in his chest so it came out muffled. Barry just smiled and asked, "Can we stay like this for a while longer.... Forever preferably."

"I can't," Maya pushes herself off Barry's chest and Barry pouts and whimpers.
"MAYYYYA... PLEEEASSEE!," Barry whimpers.
"I have stuff to do."

"Like what?" Barry now is half sitting up. Maya grabs her laptop off the island in the kitchen and goes back to the couch where Barry is at. She sits down back in the spot she got up from and opens her laptop and starts writing her book. Barry looks over her shoulder while pulling her closer to him. "What are you doing?," Barry asked .
"Writing my book."

"About what?" Barry asked while moving her hair to the side admiring the fading hickey's he created before.

"Just a friends-to-lovers story." This set off a ding in Barry's head and he couldn't miss the opportunity to be a tab bit cocky. "Oh... so like us."

"Our situation is unique." Barry leaned closer, placing more kisses on her neck. "Oh... really... how is it now?" Barry continued doing what he's doing. "Because we aren't exactly lovers... just close friends... that um-." Maya was melting into Barry. "That um-... what?" Barry paused for a moment.
"Nothing."

"It was something, so what is it?"
"We are just close friends..."
"I think we passed that threshold."
"... well then friends with benefits at most, but with fewer benefits." After this conversation, Barry and Maya just hang out watching movies.

- After an hour of watching movies  -

After a while Maya remembered it's Sunday and shot up. "What's wrong?"
"What time is it?"
"7:28... why?"

"Sunday night football... duh." Barry laughed at Maya's excitement for Sunday night football.
"Of course that's what you'll get excited about."
"Yes, but not just football... it's all contact sports."

Maya's team was winning, so she jumped up in excitement. Barry was just watching Maya in awe.
All his attention was on Maya, he wasn't even comprehending what's going on with the game. Barry wasn't prepared to be ripped out of his concentration on her by her yelling at the tv. The quarterback on her team made a stupid play, and that made her mad. "OH COME ON! HE WAS WIDE OPEN, STOP BEING A BALL HOG AND PASS THE DAMN BALL." "SEE THIS IS WHY YOU GOT SACK. STOP TAKING FOREVER TO THROW THE DAMN THING." Barry was in awe. Barry always loved how passionate she was about stuff, especially contact sports.

"You're so cute when you yell at sports on the tv." Maya's heart fluttered, and she was about to soon but then reminded herself that he still hasn't made a choice, so no. The game is finally over and Barry was happy that now he can get some attention. "So since the game is over.... I can get my attention back that it stole from me." Maya laughed at Barry being a big baby. "You're acting like a four-year-old."

"Well then, I'm your four-year-old," Barry said cuddling into her back sitting up. "And this four-year-old needs cuddles... so cuddles?"

Maya couldn't stand it and gave in, "Alright... we can cuddle." After like 3 hours of cuddling, watching Netflix and taking naps, Barry got a text.

"Hey maya, Cisco, Iris, Caitlyn, and Eddie want to know if we want to go down to the bar with them

"Hey maya, Cisco, Iris, Caitlyn, and Eddie want to know if we want to go down to the bar with them."
"Yeah, sure, let's just get ready. Not all of us could get ready in a FLASH." Barry laughed at the slight tease of his alter ego.
"Alright."