Cooperation

Jiang Cheng's brow twitched when he saw Lan Wangji waiting for him at the entrance of the Cloud Recesses. "Let's go." He heard Lan Wangji spoke and walked down the mountain.

Jiang Cheng who stared at the thousand steps before him. "..." is it too late to petition for the change in location of the Cloud Recesses? He thought as he silently followed Lan Wangji walked down the steps.

Since he and Lan Xichen returning to their original home is impossible, he had to stay in Cloud Recesses, while Lan Xichen had to stay in Lotus Pier, to continue this farce. Since both of them are unfamiliar with each other's habits, Lan Wangji stayed with him to not let Lan Qiren and the other Lan clan elders worry while Wei Wuxian stayed with Lan Xichen behind in the Lotus Pier, which resulted to Lan Wangji glaring at Lan Xichen.

Since Lan Wangji has been glaring at Jiang Cheng before, this time, with him jealous of his elder brother, his glare at Jiang Cheng's body doubled.

Although Jiang Cheng is in Lan Xichen's body, but he doesn't know how to use Shuoye. Naturally, he can't fly with it, either, to leave the Cloud Recesses, and so he painstakingly walked down the steps and made up an excuse to train his body.

He looked at Lan Wangji walking in front of him. The other isn't speaking, and so he didn't speak. He is irritated at his current situation, but knowing Lan Wangji must be more irritated because Wei Wuxian has to stay with Lan Xichen, Jiang Cheng decided not to irritate the other. Or else, Lan Wangji would finally snap and kill him, albeit he is in Lan Xichen's body.

Their journey to Lotus Pier was wrapped in silence.

Lan Qiren walked out behind the tree and watched 'Lan Xichen' leave with Lan Wangji. "Qiren, are you sure Xichen is alright?" an elder of the clan asked after they walked out of their hiding and anxiously watched the 'brothers' left.

Lan Qiren didn't speak and just thoughtfully looked at his 'nephews' backs. "I am sure they will find the solution to their problem." He just said and then left.

"Qiren? Qiren!" the clan elders called, but Lan Qiren ignored them and left.

Lotus Pier, Yunmeng.

"Whew!" Wei Wuxian tiredly sighed as he slumped on the couch. He never would have thought he would teach someone to become like Jiang Cheng. One Jiang Cheng is enough! He doesn't need another one! He then looked at Lan Xichen who was calmly sorting the documents on the table. He felt more tired teaching someone to be like Jiang Cheng than dealing with Jiang Cheng himself.

He rolled his eyes before he closed his eyes to take a nap.

"Young master Wei." He heard Lan Xichen called.

"Yeah?" Wei Wuxian weakly answered. Although it was Jiang Cheng's voice that called, but the tone is different.

"Is he always like this?" he heard Lan Xichen asked.

The 'he' is obviously Jiang Cheng. "Yeah." Wei Wuxian answered.

"Why?"

"Huh?" Wei Wuxian felt sleepy, but was taken aback by Lan Xichen's question. He raised his head and turned to Lan Xichen. "What do you mean, 'why'?" he asked.

Lan Xichen didn't answer, but his actions stopped.

Wei Wuxian fell silent. "You already know what happened to his family, right?" he said. "Everyone has their own difficulties, as you said. And we are all some of them. But, Zewu-jun – " he looked at Lan Xichen in the eye. " – I didn't like what you said to Jiang Cheng before." He told him, gone is the languid expression on his face.