Extra: Punishment

(A/N: this author has an epiphany while reading comments hahahaha  just read why.) 

"So, this is just a race on who can reach the finish line first?" Jiang Cheng sneered.

However, surprisingly, Wei Wuxian shook his head and he grinned. "No." he answered, his smile is devious they could see the Yiling Patriarch in him. But, he is the Yiling Patriarch.

"It's not?" Lan Xichen was surprised. "Then what is the third rule of the game?" he asked.

"The third rule is, who is the first and the last player will be punished." Wei Wuxian answered.

"Eh?" Lan Xichen blinked.

"Huh? I can understand the last one, but why is it the first, too?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"Doesn't this make it interesting?" Wei Wuxian smiled brightly. He is obviously happy. "You have to ensure that you should be in the middle, and neither the first or the last player." He laughed. "A nail that sticks out gets hammered down. One should learn how to be mediocre in order to not get themselves in trouble." He told them.

Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng. "..." the bad feeling they feel is getting stronger.

Inadvertently, they turned and their gazes met.

One hour later –

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!" Wei Wuxian laughed loudly as he held his stomach and he almost rolled in the floor in laughter.

Lan Xichen awkwardly smiled while Jiang Cheng's face is as dark as the bottom of the pot. "..." they are the first and the last players, respectively.

"You cheated, didn't you?!" Jiang Cheng roared as he tried to hit Wei Wuxian but Lan Wangji acted immediately and pulled Wei Wuxian out of the ring of fire (area of casualty).

"How could I?" Wei Wuxian said. "Wasn't it Zewu-jun who was rolling the dice for everything to be fair?" he asked and turned to Lan Xichen who felt he was sitting on pins and needles.

Jiang Cheng was unwilling to play the game, and so he doesn't want to roll the dice to take part in the game. Wei Wuxian wanted to, but Jiang Cheng is worried he'd cheat. Since Lan Wangji is Wei Wuxian's husband and is always doting towards Wei Wuxian, the dice fell on Lan Xichen's hands. And Lan Xichen is the sect leader of the upright gentlemen of the GusuLan Sect. Thus, it was reasonable.

Jiang Cheng is still unresolved. "You always have a trick or two on your sleeves!" he said.

Wei Wuxian just laughed at Jiang Cheng. Lan Wangji's face remained expressionless while Lan Xichen cleared his throat to relieve the awkwardness. "Uhm... sect leader Jiang – " he called. 

It was me who cheated in the game. He thought as he rolled the dice on his fingers. He cheated, because - 

He already knows the punishment, and he wanted to use it to get closer to Jiang Cheng, to get his affection. So, he really is looking forward for the punishment, which is the first time he felt very happy to receive a punishment. 

(A/N: UwU if you didn't catch this on the main story, then I repeat this here. LXC already heard from his uncle about the board game so he deliberately used this to get closer to JC. Of course, he succeeded, since they had an HE! P.S.: LXC looking forward for the punishment because IT IS RELATED to JC! It is BECAUSE OF JC! really an M. Hahahaha ^_^ I hope you enjoyed this!)