Moon

Gusu, Cloud Recesses.

They all didn't dare raise their head because of shame under Lan Qiren's gaze. Even the rambunctious Wei Wuxian didn't dare breathe a word. Who would have expected for Lan Qiren to suddenly appear before them earlier? As they recall it, they could feel a chill in their spine.

"Ah Ling." Jiang Cheng called as he comforted his crying nephew. "Don't cry. We will definitely find a way how to turn everything back to it was." He told him.

"Uncle..." Jin Ling cried.

"Ah Ling..." Wei Wuxian lowered his head. If he knew this would happen, he would have immediately burnt that cursed object.

Lan Wangji saw Wei Wuxian's downcast look and hugged him, while Lan Xichen looked at Jin Ling in sympathy. "How... to return everything back to the way it was...?" he asked himself.

"Change everything as you continue forward." A voice answered. "Xichen. How long will you hide this from me?"

Their pupils constricted as their heart was gripped by fear. They turned to the direction of the voice and saw Lan Qiren descending on the ground with his sword. He called Lan Xichen, but his eyes are clearly in 'Jiang Cheng'. He knew! They all thought as they stared at Lan Qiren in shock. Really, nothing could deceive Lan Qiren!

However, how long has he known? And how much does he know?

"Uncle." Lan Xichen, the eldest, spoke. "Please forgive us for hiding this from you. It is my fault, I haven't been responsible enough to stop this from happening. I will accept your punishment once everything returned to how it was before." He said and knelt. He didn't do any excessive action, such as hitting his head against the floor, and said that he will accept the punishment later, because he is still using Jiang Cheng's body.

"Zewu-jun!" Wei Wuxian exclaimed and was about to turn, but Lan Wangji gently patted his shoulder, though his hand is heavy, showing how grave the situation is. Thus, Wei Wuxian held himself back and remained still.

Jiang Cheng who heard what Lan Xichen said felt strange. He lowered his head further to hide the emotion in his eyes.

Lan Qiren looked at them four, then sighed. "No need." He said, which surprised them all.

"Senior Lan." Jin Ling, who stood on the side, spoke. "Do you... do you really know how to return my uncle to norm... before?" he asked. He wanted to say 'normal', but that sounded strange.

Wei Wuxian, Lan Wangji, Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng were also shocked. Because they panicked earlier, they forgot what Lan Qiren said.

"Uncle." Lan Wangji called. "Please." He said before hitting his forehead against the floor.

"Lan Zhan!" Wei Wuxian called before he pursed his lips and also hit his forehead against the floor. "Senior Lan, I beg you!" he said.

Lan Qiren who was about to tell them to sit. "..." do I look like that scary? He thought. "Take a seat." He told them.

They didn't dare waste a breath and took their seat.

"I have heard of the cursed board game, and am searching for it. I didn't expect for you to found it." Lan Qiren said and looked at Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji. "Have you destroyed the board game?" he asked.

"Yes." Lan Wangji answered. "Along with the spirit of the old man." He added.

Lan Qiren sighed in relief. "Then, that's good." He said.

Silence fell as they waited for Lan Qiren to continue.

"There was once a very beautiful maiden in a village, and all the men from the village, including the ones from the other villages and the passersby, liked her. She didn't know who to choose, and so she set up a challenge for her suitors." Lan Qiren said. "She likes board games, and so she told them that whoever made a board game that could amuse her, she will marry." He said.