Chapter Twenty-Four

LISA

"Eat." I put a bowl full of Kim-Chi fried rice that I have made in front of her after she comes out of the bathroom. Her eyes are swollen, and her cheeks are red, which I am sure she has been crying in the confinement of my place. Our place now.

Her hair is drench as she uses the towel to dry it. I don't know why, but she still trusts me enough to just cover herself with the bathrobe without anything inside except the undergarments. Well, she might not trust me, but she just has no choice but to adapt.

By looking at her upper body when the wind blows, I can peek inside. Don't get me wrong, I am not a creepy pervert she might think I am. I just happen to glance at that place. She doesn't hide anything, and I am surprised to see her wearing a red lacy brassiere. Part of me wants to ask her to forgive me for everything I have done. For I have left her without telling her, but deep down I know she won't listen to me now, so I shut up and taking out a chair for her to sit instead.

As she sits down across me, she looks at me in the eyes while shaking her head. "I don't eat." Then, she pushes the bowl away later. It hurts me to see she disgusts even the food I cook, but I needn't show that to her right now. I sigh, before doing my best to control my annoyance and anger.

"Why?" I frown before continuing, "You haven't eaten anything yet."

She snaps, glaring at me with fierce eyes. "I don't want to eat with you. I hate your company. Your presence. Everything about you. Don't you know that?" She states so well as if this is what she wants to say to me for so long now. The way her eyes stare at me tells me the truth that that might be what she wants right now.

I sigh even though hurting, I give in. "Okay. Just eat, be back in our bedroom later. I am waiting."

She doesn't answer as I walk to the bedroom. Staring at the ceiling, putting an arm on my forehead, everything comes to play. My return to Korea, the encounter with my friends and Jennie. My manipulation to get Jennie. Now...

I am just tired and want to sleep, but I can't. I need to know that she's okay now. She needs to eat, or she will pass out because I know she is weak. Too thin for my preference.

After an hour.

I wait.

Two hours.

I wait.

Three hours.

I stomp outside to see the empty bowl, smiling unconsciously at the sight. At least, she doesn't destroy her health because of me. I walk to my living room to see her lying on the sofa. Pacing slowly to her, I kneel in front of her.

She is so calm and beautiful.

Her face and her eyes.

God, how much I miss her.

I want to kiss her, hug her, and keep her with me for the rest of my life. I don't want anyone to touch her besides me. I love her so much.

Never have I thought that I have this possessive side. But, the thought of her being with someone else really hits me to the core. Tracing the back of my hand on her cheek, I smile.

I frown when glancing beside me to see three bottles of beer that I keep in the fridge. My nostrils flare. She drank. She can't tolerate my presence to the point where she doesn't want to be with me while being conscious.

I grab her arm, draping it on my shoulder before helping her getting up and into our bedroom. In there, I take off her bathrobe leaving her with only her body with undergarments. All are red.

Fire.

She wants to show me how angry she is even with her choice of clothes. I smile, loving how stubborn she is, sometimes. The way she pissed at me is really adorable. I am sad, angry, upset, and everything in between. It makes my mood swing. Myself more possessive and obsessed with her.

I go to the sink, getting warm water and a towel before brushing the thing lightly on her skin. She whimpers in her sleep, and I find it cute. After finishing, I take a shower, changing my clothes before going under the cover beside my wife.

I like it.

That sounds great to my ears.

Taking her tiny figure against me, I snuggle in her neck. I have already declared that I love her smell so much. I know she won't allow me to touch her when she is awake, but she is my only sanctuary, and I'll do everything to get her back. I smile, feeling her loosen up a bit and putting her hand on mine, which is on her stomach.

The night goes on, and I am the happiest person in the world.

For the first time in life, I feel satisfied and free. And, it is all because of her.

Until...

I dream.

I see her running away from me with a blur of a man.

He looks familiar. Someone I have seen before.

The only difference is that I see the man and Jennie were in high school. I remember that time Jennie didn't love him because she loved me, but in the dream, she loved him since then. I was just someone she came to as a friend. My tears fall.

I yell.

"Lisa."

"Lisa." I hear my name, but I don't want to answer any of those calls. I am too focused on the thing I am dreaming of, still not feeling free from it yet.

"Lisa!" Then, the familiar sound shouts, causing me to sit bolt upright.

"Lisa, what's wrong?" I glance to see the person who hurts me so much in the dream. I know it's not her fault, but the pain is still there, and I need to calm down first before talking nonsense.

I go to the bathroom to wash my face, looking at myself in the mirror.

Do I really deserve her?

Will I ever get her heart again?

I am so fucked up.

My emotion and everything.

But, when the face of Mino coming up, I shut down the thoughts of asking those stupid questions. She's mine now. Only mine.