Chapter Forty

JENNIE

After Lisa left, I was crying and so upset about the accusation she said about Mino. But then, a few hours later, dad came, which made me shocked to the core but not as much as when he told me everything.

He began with everything that was supposed to be in the past. He told me that he was at fault for the mayhem between me and Lisa. He said that he is the one to blame.

Also, he told me more.

That he had met Lisa before.

That he had said and threatened her a few things to not befriend with me.

Then, everything came into a complete understanding.

The way Lisa ignored me when we were back then.

How she avoided everywhere I went.

How she looked so upset when I was sad, but then again, she didn't talk to me at all.

As everything clicked, I shouted at my dad for the first time in my life. How could he treat a girl like that?

Lisa was self-conscious about her situation already, and the fact that he talked her into thinking she was not enough for me would be a disaster in Lisa's mind.

My tears fell again and again after I asked dad to leave sooner before I could not control myself and did something I would regret in the future.

I was so overwhelming beyond belief.

So, that's it, huh?

That's why she did all the things she did.

Despite the pain, she didn't tell anything to me because she was afraid that I would have a big problem with my dad. How thoughtful was she at that time and still now, and how thoughtless am I in blaming her all this time?

Then, Lisa's voice muffled against my hair as she asks, pulling me back into reality. "What do you want then?"

"Love." I look at her, forgetting everything besides this girl. She is the person I love the most in my entire life. The love and every feeling I have for her come back at full force. "I want my love back." Then, I slam my lips against hers.

Our kiss turns from soft and affectionate to something hot and passionate. Then, she pulls away, looking into my eyes with a soft expression. She looks so lost right now, so I brush her cheek with my hand. "Give me back my love, Lisa. Do you still have that for me?" I ask, pleading that she would not back off now.

She shakes her head a little as I feel terrified that she would do something that I am afraid to hear, but her smile makes me calm a bit. "I never stop loving you. No matter what happens..." She brings my hand to the place where her heart is. "This...always belongs to you." Then, she leans down to kiss me.

My heart beats faster.

And... no matter what happens, you always make my heart beats like no others

I hate to admit this, but it really does.

She smiles, bringing me against her body. "How about Mino? Do you still not believe me when I told you that-"

"Don't talk about any other person, please. The more important thing is us now, Lisa."

I should feel ashamed of what I said. It's like I don't value Mino at all, not to mention his being in the hospital now. However, the bottom line is I almost lose Lisa again.

And, I can't.

I can't lose her again.

"Listen, Jennie. I know you know everything, and I am happy that your love returning to me in this... magical way. I am totally thrilled about that, but I don't want that trick you into thinking that you don't care about anyone...besides me. I am just scared that after all this phase, you will regret it, and I don't want you to regret it." Her eyes soften as they stare down at me.

Pulling back, I look at her. "Are you serious, Lisa? I won't let you down again. In fact, I am sorry that I didn't think about your feeling at all. Can we start all over again?" I murmur, hopefully.

"Yes. Yes, we can." Then, she leans down to capture my lips with full force. Her hands are on my back as she leads me to the bedroom.

I am on the bed right now as she crawls on top of me.

"Lisa, please. Tonight, I want you to be...mine. I want me to be...yours." I murmur, looking at her with pleading eyes. Then, finally, she seems to agree as she crashes her lips on mine again. Her tongue exploring, savoring everything I have to offer.

As she continues to kiss me, I pull away before hurriedly taking off my blouse as she does the same to hers. She looks at me, smiling again.

"Why are you smiling a lot?" I ask.

"Why?" She inquires in amusement. "I have never been told before that smiling is a bad thing." She teases.

I scoff, my arms around her neck. "Don't you think it's inappropriate to do that a lot when we are supposed to be all hot and stuff?"

She laughs, "Well, I don't know. I am so innocent. You actually are the first girl that I have been with while in love with at the same time."

I smile before my enthusiasm turns into a frown. "I am the first one whom you have been in love with and also been with for the first time, right? That means..." Then, something clicks.

It triggers me to the point where I want to run away now. "You have been with someone before?"

Her eyes widen. She just realizes that something slipped out of her mouth as she leans down to kiss me again. I cover her mouth. "I asked you a question, Lalisa Manoban. Have you been with someone before?"

She sighs heavily. "I was in the state. They are all losing virginity and stuff when in college. I don't want to, actually. In fact, I always think about you when that thing happened with a woman at the-"

"Stop. Don't go any further. I don't want to know about your previous sex life while I am here being a virgin waiting for someone that I know I could never have."

She brushes my cheek with the back of her hand. "Now, do you have that someone already?" She leans down to kiss my nose, asking. "It's just a one-time thing. I miss you so much. I was drunk, and I imagined she was you. Then, we promised to never keep in touch anymore."

"Her name?"

"Huh?"

"I mean, what is her name?" I challenge.

"Jenna."

"You promised not to keep in touch, yet you still remember her name? What the hell, Lisa?"

"Come on, I forgot her face already." She pouts, grabbing my hand between hers.

I sigh as silence engulfs us. After that, she pulls away, getting up from the bed before walking to the door.

"Where are you going, Lalisa?" I shout.

"Outside. I need some sleep." She says, looking guilty. "I am sorry. I know, you need some time to think about all of this, so I give you space."

"Who said I need space?"

Then, she whips her head back at me, grinning with hope. "What do you mean?"

"I want you now."

"No, you don't." She refuses to believe me again.

"Yes, I do. Come here," I command.

She complies, walking to me as I grab her arm. "I don't need any space. I waste a lot of time already."

"Come sleep with me. I mean, just be beside me. I miss you so much."

"How about J-Jenna?"

"Fuck that girl. I don't care. You are my wife, and you are nothing to her now even if she tried."

Then, I grab her neck, snuggling in her embrace.

It's so warm because I just realize that I miss her and love her so much.