Chapter Two

LISA

As soon as I do my best to be brave enough to look up at Jennie, she gives me the most beautiful gummy smile she has to me that causes my heart to literally come out of my chest. "Hi, Lisa." She states, sitting beside me as Chaeyoung occupies next to her girlfriend who looks so whipped as fuck right now. "Come with me, honey. I want to order something Jennie and I." Chaeyoung says as she takes the latter's arm with her.

I widen my eyes, kicking Jisoo's leg under the table to give her some sort of signals that she shouldn't and mustn't go because it means Jennie and I would be alone, and it is the last thing I would want to do now. But my friend acts as nothing happens. "Okay." Then, they leave.

Taking a book out of my bag, I am about to read something, but Jennie cuts me off.

"Lisa, are you free this weekend?" She asks out of nowhere, and I know too well that she will invite me to some sort of party she has with her friends since she has asked me to join for too many times.

I guess that is the reason why Jisoo believes that she also likes me, but I refuse to agree. In fact, I don't want her to feel that way too. It makes me hurt, though. It's easy to accept that I love her, but she doesn't reciprocate my love than the fact that we love each other, but we will have no future together no matter what.

"Nope." So, that's my classic answer.

"Next week?"

"No."

"Next month?"

"Look, Jennie." I sigh, heavily. Hopefully, it looks more like I am annoyed than hopeless. "I don't want to go. Can't you see?"

Her face falls instantly. She is upsetting right now, and I am not a nerd if I couldn't tell just by looking at her face. It's the simple thing a human can acknowledge, but the problem is I don't want to acknowledge it, and I will never do. "I am sorry," She mumbles, turning away.

"No worries. Just don't invite me again." I want to say this for a while now, but I didn't because I hope that she will stop one day, and she has no intention to stop anytime soon, so to put it out of her misery, I will be the one to cut the rope myself.

She whips her head at me instantly, snapping a little loudly for my liking, "You're so cold. We are friends, and you help me a lot in classes. That's why I want to pay for it."

"I don't need it. I help you like I help others. There are many friends whom I help, and I never say I want anything back from them, including you." I think the idea of me relaxing before working this evening is not a good idea after all.

"I saw you yesterday." She mumbles.

I look at her for more information.

"You walked home with Yeri. She bought you chocolate milk. Am I right or wrong?" She looks at me intensely.

It's true. I usually walk home with Yeri if Jisoo isn't there. Yeri lives next door, and we aren't that close like me and Jisoo, but we have no problem just by talking and walking home as well. One more thing is that Yeri is not in Jennie's friends. So, it's safe to hang out with her. After all, she also is a hardworking student with a not so rich family background.

No one would notice us outside the classroom, and I needn't worry about that, but why does she have to point it out?

"Yep. She bought my favorite drink." I give her the truth. There's no reason to lie after all.

"This weekend, I will buy you everything you want to eat or drink. Just go with-"

"I won't."

I sigh, waiting for Jisoo's return. What I should do right now is to avoid Jennie's gaze as much as possible. I have heard that she is scary when she is mad, and I have no strength to handle her madness now. I need to go back home, take a shower, and go to work.

"Why?" She insists. Her tone is a little louder now, and I know damn well that she tries her best to not shout at my face if I am not wrong. Right. She should be mad at me, and we shouldn't talk to each other anymore. It would be better for us.

I take off my glasses, wiping them with my shirt.

"Take this." She hands me a box of glasses after opening it and revealing a small yellow fabric inside. I turn to her, confused.

"I have bought this box for you. I have seen yours was broken."

"I don't need it. I have already got a new one at home. I just forgot. Keep yours," I lie. In fact, I really don't have one since it's gone, and I have no idea why and when the fuck does she know about my broken glasses box. She starts to invade my privacy soon if I don't do anything about it. "Please, Jennie. You know too much about me. Don't do that. Stalking isn't a good habit."

"Stalking?" She asks, and that's called yelling. Everyone looks at us, including the couple who left us to order drinks for nearly haft an hour now.

"Yep."

"Yep?"

"Yeah. You stalk me. I have never told anyone about that." I state the obvious.

"Come on, Lisa. Don't be so full of yourself." She stands up as Chaeyoung and Jisoo run towards us. "What happened, Jennie?" Jisoo asks, witless.

"Ask your friend. She acts as if she were an angel from heaven, and I am just a normal human talking to her or something." She states, slamming the box that has cute bear cartoons on it, which I just notice.

She glares at me one last time before storming outside.

"Sorry, honey. I gotta go now." Chaeyoung says apologetically and follows her best friend after giving the latter a kiss on her cheek. Jisoo nods and sits down on her previous seat.

"Lisa." She says.

"Chu, I am sorry." I look down.

I have destroyed my best friend's date, and I feel so bad about it right now.

"What were you doing?"

"She's right, but it's the opposite of what she said," I mumble as she gazes at me before her eyes soften, knowing what I am talking about.

I am not an angel from heaven, and she's not just a normal girl from nowhere. It's the other way; I am just a normal human from nowhere, whereas she is everything. She is an angel from heaven, and I have no ability to have her no matter what.