Chapter Thirty

JENNIE

"Mino, I-" I am about to say something, but Mino grabs my hand and fling my body to him. He hugs me tightly, inhaling my hair. "I miss you." He pats my head lightly as I push him away after a few seconds. Disappointment washes over his face. He says, "Don't tell me you stop loving me by just being with her for one night."

I am mad.

What makes him think that way of me?

I walk past him, after telling him off. "Don't demean yourself because you know nothing about me and talk shit like that to me again."

Actually, I was about to ask him how he felt and told him everything I should, but the way he looked at me when I pulled away showed me that he disapproved of the fact that I slept with Lisa last night. He believes that, and it hurts me.

He sneers, "It's not true, then. That you and her-"

"Please, stop. I don't want to talk about any of that now." I continue to walk until I am in my office and shut it before Mino could enter too. I want to tell him everything. That Lisa and I are nothing. That she just told him to hurt him and to not destroy her ego. However, I hate myself that I couldn't do that because I know it will remind me of last night. She didn't touch me, yet I love her warmth.

She isn't the Lisa I loved, yet I still-

Fuck.

We are nothing.

Mino is still waiting for me, and I should find a way to leave her, not to approach her. She is a fire, and I am a fly. The nearer I become, the more dangerous I get.

---

"Jennie, I am waiting for you outside your building." Lisa's voice echoes through my phone as I finally pick it up after fifteen rings. I actually think she would give up and left me alone, but no.

The girl doesn't know the word 'give up' nor 'give in' anymore.

So, I decided to give in. There is no point to be obstinate now.

As I am about to leave, Mino approaches me at a fast pace. "I am sorry for what happened this morning, Jennie. Please, forgive me." His eyes plead.

I sigh, "Yeah, I am sorry too." He smiles in response as if this is what he wants for so long to hear from me. "I'll take you home." He continues happily; maybe, he forgot that my home now is not with my parents anymore. He seems to figure out after a few moments, and his expression turns sour. "I wish she would disappear like before. I don't want her to be between us anymore." His eyes show anger, and I am pissed.

I don't know what I am pissed at, but it makes me feel sick, thinking about the reason why I am pissed at what he has said.

I should leave now.

"Mino, I am leaving now. Bye,"

I am about to walk away when he grabs my hand, kissing my palm. "Darling, I am waiting for you. For our freedom. No matter what she does to you, please don't give up on us, okay?" He asks, waiting for my response as I nod.

What else could I say?

I don't even have any hope that I could potentially leave Lisa. She seems really determined to keep me with her. "Bye," He bids his goodbye before I walk past him for the second time this day. I wonder how I could work here without feeling bad for him.

If he is tired of waiting for me, who am I to blame him for that, right?

"Jennie." Lisa beams at me from afar as she runs toward me, leaning to kiss my cheek. She offers to help me hold my purse and some documents I need to work on for my work project.

I don't want her help, of course.

Who am I?

A pregnant woman who couldn't hold that light stuff myself?

She ignores my refusal, taking my purse and slinging on her shoulder instead.

It reminds me of some time when we were in high school, but I brush it away. It's just similar; nothing is the same anymore.

She seems so happy and enthusiastic this evening. What makes her feel this good, I wonder.

After driving off, I expect her to take me to her condo, but she doesn't. She takes me to a mall, saying that we need to do grocery shopping together. "You have money; you should have someone do it for you. A CEO shouldn't do that herself, you know." I say as we walk side by side, hand in hand in the mall.

Don't get me wrong, she grabbed my hand and intertwined it with hers from the time we entered the entrance, and I couldn't refuse her even if I wanted to. She would make a scene, so I gave in again.

"I want to do it with you." She says as if this is the simple thing she could possibly come up with as I am stunned at her response. Instantly, I retort. "You shouldn't, then. I don't want to do it with you."

"Who do you want to do it with, then?" She whips her head to me immediately. She seems annoyed by my answer even though I believe that I haven't implied anything about a certain person yet. I don't want to anger her, and she always thinks I always do.

I glare at her, trying my best not to punch her face. God only knows how much time I could hold it back.

"Shut up." I say before taking my hand off her and walk away.

I think she finally leaves me alone as I am about to smile when she lifts me up in the air. My butt beside her face as I try to hit her back with my pathetic small fists while she tries to cover my skirt with her large hand.

Stupid monkey.

"Put me down." I shout, hoping that she would get embarrassed and give up, but she tightens her grip on me and slaps my butt lightly.

I am literally hysterical right now when I see a few teenagers walking by and giggling at her action toward me.

What the fuck.

"Lisa! You fucking pervert. Idiot. You crazy bitch. I will tell my mom and my dad about-"

"Haha...you think they will ask me to divorce you just because I spank you on the butt because you are a spoilt brat?" She laughs, still walking as if I do not have any weights. I hate how strong she is.

What did she do?

I want to do it too. I want to have strength too.

"What makes you think you have the right to spank me, huh? Remember, Lalisa Manoban! when I get away from you, I will have you kiss my ass and say sorry to-"

The world spins around as my anger explodes, and this idiot laughs along with people around her. Everyone seems to like her action as she finally puts me down, holding my wrists. If not, I would kill her.

Yes.

You heard me right. I would kill your favorite Lalisa Manoban. I don't fucking care anymore.

Why, you might ask.

This idiot really kissed my ass.

God only knows that I still feel her lips against one of my butt cheeks from a few moments ago.