Chapter Thirty-Three

JENNIE

After waiting for nearly an hour, as a result of explaining to Jisoo why her girlfriend suddenly fainted, I come home with an empty stomach.

Oh my god, I am so hungry.

My stomach growls in response as if I can't say it enough.

As I enter the condo, I silently walk to the kitchen after locking the door and placing my purse on the couch in the living room. When turning on the light, I for the first time, notice that the condo is so classic and elegant. I wonder how much Lisa has paid for this place alone, judging by the decoration and spacious size of this place she's been living in.

I also wonder how many people she has been inviting over to do...whatever.

I don't care.

Now, I am hungry.

Let's be back to the food part.

It's nine o'clock now. So, I might as well not bother to call anyone for the food. I mean, they won't be annoyed by my order since I pay them. It just doesn't feel right to me, and one more important thing is that...

Umm...

Okay, I want to eat homemade food, alright?

As I walk inside, I take out the leftover from the fridge and place them in the oven. She made Kim-Chi fried rice again. Only this time, it was made with shrimps and not pork. God, that's my favorite.

I smile, seeing the tasty food I am going to devour tonight. As the sound of the oven beats, signaling that it's ready to eat now, I take the bowl out and sit with a spoon in my hand.

It's heaven, smelling the delicious food. When I am about to put the spoon in my mouth and taste it, I get interrupted by the sound behind me.

"You said you don't eat tonight at home." Lisa comes out of nowhere. Well, not out of nowhere, of course. This is her condo. She would come out to drink water or something. How stupid am I to not think about that?

But, what's wrong with me eating her leftover?

She would waste it all, anyway.

"Well, I am hungry." I retort as she sits across me, wearing only sports bras and shorts. If she were the Lisa I know, she wouldn't be able to pull off this outfit with much confidence in herself.

"My eyes are up here." She smirks as I turn from her black sports bras to her face. I ignore her sly expression and reply. "I just want to eat. What's wrong with me eating this food when you are going to waste it tomorrow, huh?"

"There is nothing wrong with it because I have made them for the both of us, and you stood me up and went out with your date, who apparently is so cheap that he wouldn't be able to afford you a great dinner."

I sigh, standing up. I take the bowl of the food and walk to the living room. I won't be able to sleep tonight if she is here with me, trying to start an argument in any possible way.

Then, I see her following me as I sit on the couch. Before I could open my mouth, she sits next to me. She is furious right now. I know it, so I have no choice but to keep silent and eat my food. She didn't want to listen to me when I was about to tell her who my dates were, and right now I don't want to explain anymore.

"Jerk." She mumbles.

I ignore.

"Idiot."

I ignore.

"Stupid shit. Mino is a jerk. He is an idiot. He is such a-"

"Lisa." I put the bowl on the coffee table loudly as she looks at me in annoyance. "Go to sleep. I am exhausted now. In fact, I have no more strength to argue with you anymore." My eyes are pleading, but she takes no seriousness in them. "What did you guys do to be that tired? I can't believe it! You had dinner, and you came back hungry and tired. What date is this?" She raises her hands up in the air in exaggeration.

"It's none of your business." I continue a few more spoons of my supposed to be delicious dinner before standing up and walking to the kitchen to put it in the sink.

"Answer me. What did you do?"

I ignore.

"Tell me." She raises her voice as I turn to see her furious face that I hate to see when she is wearing. Therefore, I retort. "It's none of your fucking business. I went out, and I wanted to tell you whom I went out with, remember? But, the arrogant, sulky, and condescending woman didn't want me to talk, also remember?" I furrow my brow, waiting for her reply.

Her hands are on her waist now as she becomes more serious and serious. "Well, tell me, then."

"Well, if the girl didn't want to at that time, and I respected her for that. That girl should respect me now too that I have no feeling to say anything now."

She steps toward me, her eyes are fierce. "I am not just some girl. I am your wife." As she is about to push me against the wall, I back off a bit before pushing her away. Unfortunately, she is much stronger than me as she puts both hands on the wall, trapping me.

"I have work tomorrow. I need to go to work." I glare at her as she smirks in response. God, how can I do to wipe off that smirk from her? It doesn't suit her much when she does that to me.

She doesn't look at me or wait for my answer any longer as she leans forward. Her lips are closer to mine.

"Lisa." I try to push her again, but it still doesn't matter as the girl decides not to listen.

She leaves me no choice. "I went out with Mino. He asked me out."

Then, she stops.

Finally.

But, then the realization hits me hard. Her face looks painful and indignant.

I lied.

"Wait, Lisa ...." I hurriedly explain when she steps back.

She pulls away from me faster than I could explain as she stomps inside the bedroom. Then, she comes back a few minutes after that as I stand at the same place like an idiot

She is wearing pants and a white t-shirt now.

"Where are you going?" I can't help but ask.

She scoffs, "Where do you think I could go? I just need to hit something a bit. It makes me suffocating staying here."

"It's midnight now." I reason. Why suddenly the thought of her going out this late makes me so worried?

Idiot, because it's your fault.

As the door slams close, I go to the bedroom and try my best to sleep even though I know it's virtually impossible.