Maybe I'll just turn them off

"Atty, what's going on?" Evangeline asks her husband as she opens her eyes, her voice is so soft it actually makes me cringe, this is around the same time our friends decide to make their appearance.

"How many people did you bring?" Atticus asks  as he stares at the group wearily.

"This many." I shrug, not being bothered to count the people in our group as I make my way over to the black, leather sofa and flip down on it.

Evangeline finally stands up next to Atticus, watching the group carefully, probably analysing each species, until her eyes land on me and she gasps, overdramatic much.

"Y-you look like me! How do you look like me?" She stutters in shock as she points at me making me roll my eyes,

"Please, I'm so much hotter than you." I smirk, not answering her question.

"But we look the same." She says in confusion before I retort,

"Oh really because those loose curls have nothing on these voluminous locks." I flip my hair over my shoulder and hear a snicker slip from Satana as she tries to hide it with her hand.

"God you sound like Eva when she was your age, remember that angel? When your ego was bigger than the Atlantic Ocean." Atticus chuckles gaining a hard punch in the arm from his wife.

"Shut up." She mumbles without taking her eyes off me.

"Yeah except, it's true when I say it." I shrug before standing up and heading towards the table which holds bourbon and pouring myself a glass.

"Okay well we now know her name, what about you lot? Who are you?" Evangeline asks them with a wide smile on her face causing me to grimace. They all introduced themselves until it gets up to Jett,

"And you, what's your name?" Atticus asks my boyfriend who is currently checking me out making me smirk.

"Jettson Chase."

"So you're our ancestors, and your dating? Little weird don't you think?" Evangeline asks making me glare at her,

"No i don't think it's weird. I do however thinks it's rather odd that you both died, then came back to life only to go into hiding. Like what's the point in that?"

"I don't believe that concerns you." My look alike retorts making me roll my eyes,

"Ah but it does, you see I'm apart of some prophecy because you wankers managed to start a feud. A feud of which, may I repeat, is your fault. Therefore leaving my lovely boyfriend and I to have to fix it!" I snap at her making her flinch slightly, wimp.

Jett walks over to me and pulls me into his arms to calm me down, "shh baby, calm down okay, we don't want to kill them because then I think we'd have to go into hiding." He whispers making me chuckle slightly at the last part.

"God you are so over dramatic." Evangeline mutters to herself, knowing full well that I can hear her which makes me lunge at her only to get pushed off by Atticus.

"Listen just because you have anger issues or whatever doesn't mean you can take it out on Evangeline!" He says sternly but my friends stay silent, not making any effort to defend me

I look at them and they all immediately avoid eye contact, I look at Jett and he sends me a sympathetic smile.

"What, none of you are going to defend me?" I ask them in shock as I look at them all with wide eyes.

"I mean they aren't really wrong." Coral says, barely above a whisper while staring at her shoes like they're the most interesting thing in the room.

"What was that?" I ask her, my voice deadly calm as I stare at the mermaid who doesn't reply.

"C'mon Rosa, don't take it out on Coral. What she said was true and you know it. Ever since you found out about Evangeline you have been nothing but spiteful about the whole situation!" Griffin snaps, making the others jump.

"Spiteful?" I ask calmly and when he doesn't reply I continue, "How do you expect me to react, huh? When I first went to that academy I just wanted to learn cool ways to kill people! I never thought I'd get my switch flipped, or have friends, or fall in love and I certainly didn't expect to be apart of some stupid prophecy to end some dumb feud that is based off of rumours! Nor did I expect to be some doppelgänger to the pathetic original vampire who caused all of this! So forgive me if I'm being a bit spiteful!" I'm pretty much screaming at this point, I've never been one to control my emotions very well, to be fair I never had to learn; I simply just flipped my switch and everything was fine.

"Bella calm dow-"

"Don't tell me to calm down Jett! I'm sick of getting blamed for stupid things and nobody caring how I feel!" I yell, angry tears fall down my cheeks while everyone watches in shock at my outburst but I don't care. "You know what, my life was a whole lot better without feelings, maybe I'll just turn them off." I continue in a calm voice before shutting my eyes.

"No, Bella, don't you dare do this! Bella please!" But before his pleads can continue, it's already done. I've flipped my switch.

I wipe the tears that are remaining on my cheeks, my face blank of emotion and the room is dead silent. The pain is gone, all the emotions are gone. The spite, the anger, the sadness is all gone. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me right in this moment, is that it still hurts me to see Jett is upset, especially that I caused it, stupid soulmate bond. I look away from him before my humanity can return and back to the oldest people in the room.

"So now that all that shits over, I believe we have a deal to make." I smirk while sipping my drink from earlier. They just share a glance before looking back at me.

"Well? Chop chop, gather round and all that crap." I snicker lightly as everyone sits on sofas around us.

"So what deal are you talking about?" Atticus breaks the silence and I just sip my drink before replying,

"Ah ah ah, all in good time darling. Now first things first, why don't you tell us what really happened after the sacrifice?" They sigh at my request before Evangeline starts,

"Well it's better if I start from the beginning..."