3

Something weird was going on in Lapush, and Saleaah Clearwater hated it

Something weird was going on in Lapush, and Saleaah Clearwater hated it. She felt the feelings of the guys who came back to school way more buff than they were previously. Before the question is brought up, no, they grew muscles overnight, not going to the gym.

The reason the youngest Clearwater hated the change of those boys was because of Jacob Black. Her brother practically worshiped the guy, so she heard everything about what was happening with the older boy. Seth complained a lot about Jacob suddenly changing, but he never actually judged his role model for that. A reason to love Seth.

The next reason Saleaah hated Jacob Black becoming one of the 'Hall Monitors on Steroids," (curtesy of Embry Call), was because they left Quil Ateara. She felt his emotions when he had to walk passed his old best friends, to see them laughing with the people they use to talk about. It was hard for him..and her. So, she decided to do something about it. He was currently the most upset person in Lapush, so she wanted to change that. Mainly because his emotions was giving her a headache.

When lunch time came around, the girl known as Shia was searching the cafeteria. Usually she would sit with her brother and their best friend, but she had one person in mind. And he was sitting alone picking at his food. Saleeah plastered a small smile on her face as she anxiously made her way through the cafeteria. She hated the cafeteria because more than half of the school's population resorted here during lunch hours.

When it was the twins and their best friend, they sat outside, in the library, in an empty classroom, or in the hallway. Never in the cafeteria. They always resorted to somewhere away from the cafeteria, seeing that they had Josuku's mom's cooking. It was the definition of heart eyes.

As Saleaah approached the curly haired boy's table, he didn't even do as much as look up at her. Matter of fact, she doesn't think he noticed her. She took a seat on the bench a few spaces away from the older teen. "Hi." She voiced in a quiet tone. She didn't know if the simple word reached his ears , seeing as how quiet it seemed.

Quil's head lifted when he heard the sweet voice that complimented his ears. "Hi." He let out breathily. He was surprised that someone was actually talking to him, let alone a girl. "Shia, right?" He cleared his throat as a light blush warmed his cheeks. Luckily for him, Saleaah didn't notice it.

"Yeah, well that's what most people call me. Quil, right?" She asked as his emotions of loneliness slowly faded away. "Yeah, what brings you here?" Quil asked genuinely curious. "You were sad. Well, I mean, you looked sad." Saleaah stumbled over her words, and that brought a chuckle from the male's throat.

It was Saleaah's turn to have her cheeks turn a light shade of red, as she tilted her head up slightly to look at Quil. "You're quite interesting, Shia." A small grin made his way to his face. "Let's be friends." He told her and in response her eyes widened.

Let's get one thing straight, Saleaah Clearwater did not make friends easily, that was her brother. He made the friends and she would just be there for moral support. Though if they became close to her, her behavior would be identical to her brother's. For example, Jacob Black. As mentioned before, Seth practically worships that guy, but Saleaah could have cared less. But in terms of Josuku, he was a different story.

"So? What do you say?" Quil asked the girl, bringing her from her thoughts. "Not that you have to if you don't want to." Quil quickly added on as a pang of nervousness and disappointment flooded from him to her in seconds. "Um, sure. Yeah. I never had someone want to be just my friend before." She quickly spoke up, but her voice was still quiet.

Happiness. Relief. Those two emotions drowned Saleaah in a heartbeat. Those two emotions seemed to dim every other emotion that rolled off of every single teen in there. And she loved it. She was use to basically feeding off of her twin's naturally happy and calm feelings, but this was different. Quil was different.

Saleaah hoped that her and Quil would have a long friendship ahead of them. She enjoyed Quil's company and vice versa. But of course, a few weeks was all it took for him to start acting different. Her heart that started to open up to the older boy started to close again. It was only a few weeks, and she hated herself for enjoying them so much.

***

Hello, everyone! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for reading, I hope you all leave a vote and comment! I love reading comments, they make my day.

Anyways, have you guys ever watched Teen Wolf before? If so, who's your favorite character?

That will be all for now! Enjoy the rest of the book (when I actually update, sorry 😅).