13

Things were getting weird

       Things were getting weird. Saleaah felt it in her bones. She just felt like something bad was going to happen. Things got to the point where she struggled to concentrate in her lessons with Jasper. Of course the Cullen's were worried about the young girl, but they did their best to try to distract her.

Until one day, she didn't receive her daily morning call. It was the day after the party that the Cullen's had for Isabella Swan's birthday. That's day they invited Shia, but she declined saying that she had plans with Jos. Which luckily she actually did because she did not particularly like Bella. Only because of how she basically ignored Jake's once she started dating Edward.

Nothing against Eddie though.

Every morning she would get a wake up call from Rosalie and Jasper before she left for school. They usually checked in on her and made sure she was up as they too were getting ready for their classes (College). Jasper was taking up Philosophy, and Rosalie was taking up Nursing to become a  Neonatal nurse practitioner.

The point of all of this is to highlight the fact that Shia did not receive a call, just as she was walking out the door. On the fifth day of not receiving a call, Shia decided that she was going to visit them later after school.

Once she got home and was about to make her way to the woods, she got stopped by a loud crackle of thunder. What a surprise, it was raining again. Shia felt as if the thunder was mocking her.

As she pulled on her yellow rain coat and black rain boots, Shia recalled Jos telling her about a party the Saturday of next week that was suppose to happen.

"Yeah, Kiylan Homes is supposed to be throwing this house party. He didn't want to take any chances with a bonfire one." Jos told her as they happily ate Jos's mother's traditional cooking.

"That's cool, but I'm not going." Shia glanced up at her Japanese friend who stopped mid bite. Her eyes focused on a mop of curly brown hair once the head began to turn in their direction.

Shia's dark eyes met a pair of slightly lighter ones. Quil. She missed him- wait no. She shouldn't be missing him, right? Since he basically ghosted her. Was she overreacting?

Shia moved her eyes back to the boy across from her as he sharply declared she was going. "You know I don't like parties." She muttered picking at her bento. "You know I don't have anyone to go with since S- your brother." Jos pouted as his shoulders slumped.

From across the cafeteria she could feel a huge amount of guilt basically float in her direction. Shia tried to push it away, but at the same time she felt as if it was her own since she also felt guilty.

"I'll think about it..okay?" She bit her lip as Jos's feelings became slightly more positive. Shia knew that she was being a shitty friend since she spent a lot of time either at home or at the Cullens. She felt as if she was neglecting Jos, like her brother.

Although they did hangout at school, and every Sunday for brunch; she felt like she wasn't always present.

"Can I sit here?" A male asked nervously. The two best friends looked up from the table to see a head of dirty brown hair and blue green eyes. "Um, sure." Jos motioned for the boy to sit next to them. "You guys can call me Mateo."

As Shia shook herself out her memories from earlier that day as she got ready to open the door.

"Where are you off to in this rain?" Sue asked with her hands on her hips. Shia looked over to see her mother dressed in an apron, once again. "I'm going to go check on the Cullens." She truthfully told her mother.

"Honey, it's storming pretty badly." Sue worried expression was fully noticeable. Not that her feelings have it away.

"I know mom. I'll be safe and quick. I'll text you when I get there. Bye mom." Shia quickly waved and rushed out the door and off into the woods. Pop off little yellow.

Shia huffed once her feet landed on the other side of the treaty. Where she usually met Rosalie or Jasper on Friday's. It's Friday. She brushed that fact away as her feed trudged against the muddy ground.

Once Shia made her way to the Cullen's house, it was oddly quiet. Not to mention dark. Normally she could hear at least music, and lights always lit up the house from the inside. This time, it was nothing.

The raven haired girl's eyebrows furrowed as she made her way to the door. She twisted the knob, only for it to fight back against her. It was locked.

Shia quickly pulled out her phone and called Rosalie. Then she called Jasper, Emmett, Alice, hell even Esme. No one answered."What is going on?" She muttered as she grew worried.

"They're really gone..?" She heard from behind her. Shia turned her heard to find the infamous Isabella Swan standing a few feet away from her. How didn't she hear that loud truck?

"What?" Saleaah shook herself from her thoughts as she realized what the Chief's daughter just said.

"They left a few days ago." Bella told the smaller girl as she stared at the house longingly. "Do you know when they will be back?" Shia asked not wanting to be too nosey.

"They aren't coming back. They moved." Bella looked at the girl before turning on her heel and leaving.

They moved? They left her?

"Do I really mean anything to anyone?" Shia muttered to herself after a while of standing in front of the empty house by herself.

The Cullens left her and not one of them said a word.

New Character

Dane Dehaan as Mateo Oswell
The Damned

"You are one of the only people who make life worth living."