8

Not only did the way he looked at her startle her, but the way he felt was

Not only did the way he looked at her startle her, but the way he felt was...let's say intriguing. She was starting to go into her old habits. So many emotions that he felt in one go, shook her to the max.

Once Shia reached her house, she ran straight into her room, to her trusty window seat. At her window seat laid her fluffy blanket and her stuffed elephant.

"Saleaah!" Shia realized her name lingered in the air as she returned to her trusted old friend. Her blanket. She slid under her blanket and wrapped it around her shoulders, sorting out feelings.

Feelings. Such a weird word. Feel·ing. noun, a plural noun: an emotional state or reaction. "a feeling of joy". Joy. She wished she felt joy, but all she could feel was, well...everything.

Shia got so used to Seth's positive emotions that she did not realize she used him, sort of like an anchor. Feelings started to overwhelm her once more, then she heard her phone ring. The small white noise echoed through the room, straight to the panicking girl. That small noise distracted her.

Scurrying to answer the phone, the raven haired girl pulled it up to her ear. "Hello..?" Her small voice broke through the phone. "Saleaah?" The bell like voice called over the phone.

A small smile make its way to the girl's face as tears threatened to break through the protection of her eyes. "What's wrong?" The blonde asked alarmed.

"It's too much." The prophet whimpered pulling her blanket and beloved elephant closer to her body.

"Where are you?" Rosalie asked trying to calm herself from crossing the treaty. "Home." Shia responded hugging herself tightly.

"Come to me, I'll wait at our spot." Rosalie told her. "Will you be able to do that for me?" The blonde asked her softly.

"Yes." Shia mumbled after a brief second before pulling herself up slowly.

***
LaPush, as always, was raining once again. Since Shia was kinda out of it, she didn't care. She didn't care about the fact that she stuffed her feet into her beat up old converses. She didn't care about her mother calling after her. She didn't care that she walked out the door without a jacket. She didn't care that she was getting soaked. The scary part wasn't the fact that she didn't care, it was that she felt numb.

Shia felt so many emotions..so many that she couldn't feel anything. Or they consumed her until it made her feel like nothing. Emotions; noun, a plural noun: emotions a natural instinctive state of mind deriving from one's circumstances, mood, or relationships with others.

Such a funny word. Emotions.

***

"Saleaah." A muffled voice called. "Shia?" The same voice called again. 'Why does it sound like I'm under water?' Saleaah thought to herself. "Shia!" The small russet skinned girl slowly blinked as the rain rolled over her eyelashes.

Her hair drenched from the rain, as it stuck to her skin. She wore a long sleeved dark green shirt with one darker green ring surrounding each arm. That shirt and her black sweatpants stuck to her like it was a second layer of skin.

"Shia.." The blonde called once more, this time more eager to get the smaller unstable girl out of the rain. "Rose." Shia slightly raised the corner of her lips to attempt a smile. "Come here." Rosalie told her, opening one arm as the other held an umbrella.

Shia shuffled through the mud, crossing the treaty line, and leaned into Rose's side. "I can't do this anymore. It hurts so much. So much that I can barely feel anymore." The salty tears rolled down the smaller girl's face, mixing with the rain the dropped off her hair.

"What's wrong, my love?" Rosalie asked walking the youngest Clearwater in the direction of her house. She couldn't use vamp speed, simply because the young human knew nothing of the supernatural world.

"I feel people's emotions. It hurts so much, Rose." She whimpered out as she molded farther into the Cullen's side. "I'm sorry that I'm worrying you." She choked back as she stared blankly ahead of them, a few loose tears running their trail.

Suddenly, the Quileute felt, dare say, calm? Her eyes trailed up only for Rose to slightly tense before relaxing herself. "Jasper." Rose greeted the fellow blonde who was staring at Shia, who still clings to his adoptive sister's side. To say that Shia was confused would be an understatement. She never felt so calm, not for the passed few months.

"Who is this? She smells like one of them." His nose scrunched up slightly before sending more waves of calmness towards the young girl who seemed to be in distress. "Jasper, this is Shia. Shia, this is my brother Jasper." Rose softly introduced each of them, trying not to trigger the small girl once more.

"Nice to meet you, ma'am." Jasper's southern accent drawled out as he moved closer to the two. "Lets get you inside." Rose muttered, side eyeing Jasper once he continued to stick around after their introduction.

Once the three entered the living room, Rose immediately took off to get more clothes for the human. She knew how fragile humans were and didn't want the girl that she adored to get sick.

"How do you feel?" Jasper asked as his golden eyes searched her dark brown ones. "Calm." She smiled slightly as her bottom lip struggled to hold back a quiver.

"I feel so calm."