11

Luckily for the empath, she landed into cold hard arms

           Luckily for the empath, she landed into cold hard arms. Shia's heart was beating 2 times faster than it was seconds ago. The river rushed angrily under them as she secured her arms tightly around the blonde vampire.

The snarling from the wolves seemed to have stopped once they heard the gasp release from the girl's mouth. They quickly rushed to the edge, just to resume their growls as the Major walks out of the water with the girl in his arms.

"Jasper." The said male smirked at her as he began to send waves of calm to shift her panicked feelings.

"Ma'am." He answered once she started relaxing more. "How did you catch me so fast?" She asked drowning out the aggressive noises from the wolves.

On the other side, Quil was ready to pounce but was tackled by Jared, where Paul was tackled by Sam. Good thing Jared called for back up, huh?

                                              ***
After they walked out of the river, Shia fell asleep, she doesn't know how or when, but she did.

Meanwhile, that gave Jasper enough time to talk to the wolves. Once Quil successfully gotten Jared off of him, he phased into his human form and pulled on shorts.

"Let her go." He demanded the blonde vampire who just relaxed the spoken male's imprint enough so she can fall asleep. "She's safe with us." Jasper responded watching Quil's shaking form. "She's been seeing Carlisle for medical information. That's where she was headed to now. Before you boys were having your little...pissing fit." The vampire lied with a quirky smirk.

Quil became quiet, more so when Jared placed a hand on the boy's shoulder. "Just have her call her mom when she wakes up." Jared uneasily nodded before lightly pushing the curly haired boy in the opposite direction.

Jasper gave a close lipped smile before speeding off back to his home.

***
"How long has she been asleep?" Saleaah heard someone ask as she started to regain consciousness. "Just an hour or two. She was exhausted anyways." Jasper responded, and she felt a hand brush through her hair.

Shia slowly opened her eyes and turned her head to see Rosalie standing over her, with Jasper not too far away.

"Shia, welcome back." The blond male smirked at her and Rosalie rolled her eyes at the male. "Glad to be back." The smaller girl muttered sitting up and stretching.

"I wanted to help you with your emotions thing." Jasper awkwardly brought up. Shia blinked blankly. 'Can I wake up first?' She thought and brought her eyes to Jasper who stood with his arms crossed.

"I'm sorry. I'm an emotional teenage girl, it happens." She sighed and in turn he rolled his eyes.

"That's not what I meant."

"That's not what he meant." The 'twins' spoke at the same time.

Shia let out a soft laugh as the smile remained on her face. "I'm just messing with you guys, but how will you be able to help?"

                                               ***
"Shia, focus." Jasper sternly told the girl for the thousandth time as they stood in the middle of the woods. Jasper thought it was a good idea to send different emotions her way and have her try to, push them away, or block them in a way.

"I am focused!" Shia started to grab her hair in frustration as tears welled up in her eyes. "I can't do it." She choked back a sob that tried to come out.

At this moment, Shia felt useless. At the emotions that Jasper sent her was overwhelming her, but Sue didn't raise a bit- quitter. Sue didn't raise a quitter.

"You can do this." Jasper told her as he began to gently pull her hands from her hair. His cold hands met Shia's warm filled cheeks as he lifted her head to look at him.

"It's okay to feel overwhelmed, it's okay to feel some things. You just have to know what are your feelings, what my feelings are, and how to block out the emotions you don't want to feel." Jasper told her making sure to keep eye contact with the small empath.

Shia nodded and stepped out of Jasper's hold. "Okay, I'm ready..but I do have a question." She stated as she tilted her head. "How can you change your emotions so quickly? It's as if you're projecting them onto me."

Jasper blinked. Something he didn't have to do, but was doing so because Shia knew shit of the supernatural world. Other than the tribe stories she was told her since she was born, she was told nothing. Well, she did strongly believe in ghost because of Seth and Jos, but that's a whole different story.

"Um..I'm an empath. Like you." Jasper told her and immediately relief filled within her. "I'm happy to have someone who finally understands me."

Once again tears filled her eyes, but this time happy ones. But we all know happiness doesn't last long for Saleaah Clearwater.