4

Shia

Shia. That was Saleaah's nickname since she was a kid. Her family either called her by her childhood nickname that Seth created (Sae), or by her middle name (Shia), and she rarely thought about it until now. She wondered if there was a hidden meaning behind the nickname, but did not feel a huge need to ask Seth about it.

If you found Saleaah anywhere, it would be near the water. She loved going to the beach, especially when the sun was setting. After being cooped up in the house for several months, she went back to going to the beach. Shia usually spent her time at the beach with her sister, but she knows that Leah was going through a rough time at the moment.

Recently, about two weeks ago, Shia showed Quil her calming place. She usually sit on a portion of the cliff that was not visible to people who was passing by. The reason how the twin found this place was by exploring with her sister.

Anyways, back to the curly haired boy. For the past week he has been blowing her off. Shia didn't want to annoy her only friend—that she made on her own—so she stopped calling him after three days.

Shia was walking along side the beach when she heard that oh so familiar laugh she grew to love. Like. Whatever kids these days think. You know what, definitely like. Her head turned to follow where the sound was to see a mop of curly hair running out of the water to the shore.

Without knowing, Shia's feet began to move towards the boy who grew taller in the passed week. "Quil." She called a few feet away from him. His steps grew still and his heart skipped a beat. The girl he liked was behind him. He couldn't bring up the courage to hurt her, so he decided to ignore her.

"Quil!" She called again, but this time lurched forward to grab his arm. Her hand quickly pulled back from the heat that radiated off of the tall boy. "Go away, Saleaah." He grumbled coldly which made the small girl take a step back. "What?" She breathed out.

"I said go away." He repeated and her eyes furrowed, mimicking her facial expression. "Did I do something wrong?" She asked slowly trying not to pry. "No." He stated bluntly. She felt the emotions that rippled off of him, and almost got distracted when she saw two boys making their way up behind Quil.

Shia felt the emotions of the two tall boys that came up behind Quil and took a step back getting overwhelmed with the anger the three teens shared. "Go home." Quil told her refusing to make eye contact with her.

The youngest Clearwater sucked in a breath and nodded turning on her heel to leave before stopping. "Thanks." She muttered too anxious to confront him for hurting her. Instead killing him with kindness will have to do for now. "Thanks for being my friend for the little time that you were." She continued to walk not seeing the two guys holding Quil back by each of his shoulders.

When Shia reached her house her head was pounding. Her head filled with thoughts and emotions that she thought she could control, but failed. She had a hold on the emotions, but it seemed like Quil abandoning her made her unstable, not forever though. She knew she was strong, she didn't need a guy to keep her on her toes.

As soon as Shia's feet hit the hardwood floor that covered the entire house, she was met with the face of Harry Clearwater. "Hey, Honey." He smiled at his young daughter who's head lifted at the sound of his voice. "Hi, dad." She smiled slightly, embracing his euphoric emotions. "Are you okay?" He asked eyebrows slightly furrowing, with worry.

Shia mainly got her personality from her father. Closed off unless she trust someone, happy around the people she holds dear, emotional. Since she was young, and to this very day, people said that the father and youngest daughter share the almost exact same facial expressions.

Not saying that Shia was a daddy's girl or anything, she wasn't. She didn't favor either of her parents because like her father, she was very similar to her mother as well. She shared the same button like nose, the same caring and radiant temperament, her smile, and so much more. What was trying to be said here is that Shia had a great relationship with both of her parents, well before the whole empathy thing.

"Yes, I'm just a little tired. I think I'm going to go take a nap. Where are you headed?" She asked him which shocked him. It didn't shock him because his teenage youngest daughter was curious of where he was going; he was shocked because that was the longest sentence/question she said since opening back up to the family.

"Oh, um. I'm heading to your Uncle Charlie's with your Uncle Billy." He smiled fondly as he held up a bag of his famous fish fry. "Tell them I said hi. Love you dad." She gave him a kiss on the cheek before heading to the bathroom to shower.

After the girl's shower, she headed to her room and sighed. She made sure her lights were dimmed, and her room was locked up before laying down. In the middle of the floor. Shia pulled the blanket, that rested halfway on the foot of her bed and half way off the bed, and wrapped it around herself.

She was feeling a type of cold that she was use to. The cold that tried to make her go back into her bubble of anxiety and fear. Shia knew that the differentiation of emotions was overwhelming her and she wished she had a reset button. She had to struggle with maintaining her own feelings and a room full of other feelings, and there was nothing she could do about it.

She couldn't just, shut it off...could she? That's another question for another day. She liked having emotions, just not the overbearing ones. She liked being able to control what she said even though it could have been based off what she felt. She liked being herself, minus being everyone else as well.