𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚑 & 𝚃𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎

It has been years since she felt so tall like this compared to most teens her age.

Was it wrong to feel this good about being almost the same height as this boy who always use her head as an arm rest?

No. It's her only chance to face him on the same level so she's not backing down. She'll savour the moment while it last.

But first, her curiousity.

"You said you threw them all away, Kei-kun."

Y/N looked as sternly as she can on the blonde boy who's holding the yearbook on his back, avoiding her gaze.

His lips twitched in a scoff and a chuckle but for those years that she knows him, she can tell that he's either nervous or in denial. Which is a very rare sight to see.

"A-ah..."

Kei choked on that simple word but regained himself by clearing his throat.

"I did. Maybe mom picked them up or nii-san. Why would I keep these crap? That's absurd."

But she didn't buy any of that. Was it their height difference right now that's making her more confident? Maybe.

"Kei-kun. You know lying is bad, right?"

She crossed her arms over her chest with a big huff that puffed her cheeks.

Silence enveloped the whole room until Tsukishima let out a heavy breath, finally turning his head to the smaller girl, who's now in his height thanks to the chair.

"Can you at least go down first?"

"Okㅡ No."

"Y/N..."

"Kei-kun..."

"L/N..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Okay! Fine! But..."

She trailed off and extended both her hands towards him with a smile. That knowing smile that Kei always refused and try to brush off of her face.

It's the smile of torture for him.

But what else can he do when the girl is standing on a chair where she can fall off, hit her head, forgets about him completely like in those dramas that makes no sense at all but the possibility is high with her.

He doesn't have any choice at all. So he placed the yearbook down on his study table and turned her back on her.

After years of trying and failing, it's now her time to cross an item on her bucket list.

With a giggle, she wrapped her arms around his neck, hopping on his back for a piggyback ride.

Tsukishima caught her legs on his sides to support the girl's weight from his back as he made his way to his bed, sitting down to let Y/N get down on the bed as well.

It was short lived but totally worth it and she doesn't want to let go yet. But Y/N adjusted herself behind him and sat down on the bed facing his back.

"I was planning to."

Kei started without turning to her. His voice was soft as always. Gone with the sarcastic tone he always have.

"But... I saw you threw my first drawing in middle school..."

She's still so confused. She saw with her own eyes and even their classmates how he threw the drawing in the trashcan after crumbling it with one hand.

What Y/N and everyone didn't see that day is how Tsukishima went back to their room after their volleyball practice to pick up the drawing from the trash.

He kept it for almost 8 years.

He doesn't know what's gotten into him that day and never did he realize that it'll mean something to him in the future. It sounds cheesy but it's true.

Kei held on to it for so many years and the following papers and drawings that came his way.

Before he even knew it, they became his treasures.

"Y/N... I..."

Shuffling on the bed, his body turned to face her already flushed one just by meeting him eye to eye once again.

His hand found her small hand on the soft mattress, seeking sanctuary in between her fingers that fits perfectly with his.

Y/N can feel the heat coming up from her neck to her cheeks when his warm breath fans over her as he inch closer.

She doesn't know how he can always make her heart beat like she ran a marathon everytime. It was confusing but not the feeling she would run away from.

"I loㅡ"

"Kei, Y/N? Dinner is ready."

His own voice was cut off by the sound of his mom calling by his door.

They quickly pulled away turning to the smiling woman with their flushed face.

"Just come down whenever you're ready."

Oh, young love.

Just by looking at the two teens just made her feel young all over again. The older woman gently closed the door to give them some more privacy.

He missed his chance once again. But who cares? He's holding the most precious treasure he has anyway.

xx