𝙷𝚘𝚠 & 𝚆𝚑𝚢

Exams are finally done as well as the endless studying. In a few days, summer vacation will start and the boys' volleyball team will be leaving for their first training camp in Tokyo.

Word reached Y/N that two of their members will stay behind to retake their exams so they can still catch up to the training camp. Coincidentally, the day she asked Tsukishima to help her study was also the day Hinata and Kageyama asked him for the same favor. Which Tsukishima easily declined.

When Yamaguchi told her about that, she felt bad for taking away Tsukishima's time that day when he could've helped the two instead and just asked one of her friends from class and now one of the managers, Hitoka Yachi.

Before Y/N can even offer her help to them, she saw how Yachi is already tutoring the boys and how they visit Tsukishima's home to study as well.

Both Yachi and Y/N having the class duties for the day, they were left behind after class to clean up. They divided the tasks equally so they can finish early and Yachi can go to the gym.

With a heavy sigh, Yachi leaned back on on one of the tables that Y/N just finished lining up. She held a broom that supported her weight.

"I made sure to teach them everything that'll come in the exams, Y/N-san~ I guess I'm just a bad teacher after all. I bet if you're the one who taught Hinata-kun and Kageyama-kun, they'll even ace them because I did when you're the one who tutored me last time for History."

She sighed, resting her chin by the end of the broom's handle while Y/N made sure that the chairs are well arranged and tucked in their respective desk.

"Eh? You did your best, Yachi-san. I just got a good teacher too... I got scolded after anyway for forgetting to write my name so... I guess I will not be able to help them at all."

"Still. Lucky you~"

The girl suddenly perked up and straightened up to approach Y/N who just finished arranging the last chair and is about to walk towards the board when she remembered the scene 2 days ago in front of the gym.

Y/N's and Tsukishima's interaction is still in talk around the team. It came as a surprise to everyone that the cold and snarky Tsukishima Kei is dating one of the cutest girl in their year. A lot of questions surrounded the tall guy but he chose to ignore all of them anyway.

Mostly questions of how and whys.

"Y/N-san! Say, are you really dating Tsukishima-san? Isn't he really scary like all the time?"

The latter blinked at Yachi's questions. She hummed tilting her head on the side.

Now that she thought about it, a lot of people ask her the same questions. But each time, she'll only have one answer for them.

-----

Being at the age 7 is one of the hardest stage to cope up in a new environment specially for a small girl who just started to make friends in her previous school.

As the new girl in class, one of the smallest in their grade, and probably the most gullible of them all, she's the easiest target to make fun of.

Passing their cleaning duties and activities to her is just one of them until they piled up.

In art class, they were required to bring watercolors to make greeting cards but one of their taller classmates told her that he forgot his art materials and to lend the only one she have.

She didn't want to because she was planning to send her grandparents living in Tokyo a card or two, to thank them for looking after her while her mom and dad were away from work.

But she was raised and taught to be giving and to always help those in need. Not to ask for anything in return and to stay humble all the time.

So even with a heavy heart, the little girl gave them the art material she have without her knowing that these kids have all their supplies with them and is looking for a shortcut instead of getting their equipment in their respective lockers.

She was left staring at the white and empty paper on her desk. She really, really wanted to make her grandma and grandpa smile. But she's left with no other option but to skip this activity and wait for classes to end.

Before she can even tuck the empty paper back in her bag, a set of used watercolors and brush were placed on her table.

She lifted her head to see who the hand belonged to but she can only get a glimpse of yellow hair pass by her followed by a loud crash from behind the class, coming from the boys who borrowed her now on the floor and ruined watercolor set, and papers soaked on colored water.

"Oi Tsukishima! Why did you do that for?!"

"Ah gomen. I didn't see your pathetic faces right there."

The class watched the commotion at the back until their teacher intervened.

She then looked back at the set on her table and on the lid of the watercolor set, there's a name written on it.

'Tsukishima'

-----

Y/N turned to Yachi with a wide smile that almost reached her ears after erasing the previous lecture that's written on the board except for the one at the bottom corner. Leaving Yachi more confused with her answer.

"I think he's not scary at all."

'Tsukishima'

xx