𝚁𝚊𝚒𝚗 & 𝙴𝚌𝚑𝚘

It was a beautiful sunny morning.

The sky is clear and even the birds sing of how perfect the day is for flying. The flowers bloom beautifully in the garden as the sun shone through the window.

The weather reporter have a smile on her face as she greeted the viewers with a good day before wrapping up her report.

At least that was the report from yesterday's weather news.

They didn't mention about having a rainy Sunday or any chances of raining for today.

It was a blessing from heaven for Tsukishima since he really hate going out aside from school, and club activities on a weekend.

He was able to finish all his homework the day before so now he can just lay down in his bed all day, listen to music, maybe finish the book he's been reading about prehistoric dinosaurs.

It is the perfect day for him. A perfect peaceful day.

Almost.

He never thought that he'll be hearing the word 'mean' coming from her. He never even thought he'll live to see the day the girl will use that word against him.

You're so mean.

Those words kept on haunting him for the past days. She haven't called or messaged in a while now too.

Not that he cared or anything. He's used with all the names people call him.

Saltyshima, Mean Glasses, etc.

He can't even call them insults because no one is better than insulting people and getting on everyone's nerves. Only Tsukishima Kei can do that.

You're so mean.

Kei reached for the headphones on his study table and blasted some music from his playlist to cut off the sound of the rain hitting the window pane of his room.

He threw his body on the soft mattress with his feet still rooted on the wooden floor deciding to take a short nap before his mom called out for lunch.

You're so mean.

His eyes flew open and landed on the high ceiling.

It's irritating. She's the most annoying person he knows ever since they're in middle school.

Not even his irritation to Hinata or Kageyama can top it all. And that's a big surprise on how those two always piss the living hell out of him.

The look on her face before she walks off didn't leave his mind. Everytime he close his eyes, those sad eyes are all he sees. And it pisses him off.

You're so mean.

With an irritated grunt, his hand searched for his phone until his fingers landed on the cold screen of the device. Holding it up to his eye level to dial a certain contact.

Tsukishima took off his headphones while waiting for the other line to answer. He hated waiting so having to stay on the line to hear it just ringing made his eyebrows to furrow.

In what felt like forever, a soft voice finally answered the call.

Instead of her cheerful voice greeting him like always, or the teasing on how he contacted her first for the second time, he heard a sniffle on her end.

"Kei-kun?"

He didn't know how tensed his body is until he heard her voice when he abruptly sat up from his bed.

"Kei-kuㅡ"

The call was suddenly cut off along with the slamming of the door.

Heavy footsteps descended the stairs that caught his mom's attention from the kitchen.

Taking a peak from the kitchen, she saw her youngest son by the door wearing his sneakers and his hoodie on.

"Kei, where are you going? It's raining outside. They said that it will not be out until later this evening."

"I'll be out for a while."

Without letting her respond, Kei already walked out of their home with an umbrella in hand.

The rain is really pouring out on the cemented road that it's almost impossible for him to see his tracks with the fog and droplets on his glasses.

He needed to wipe it from time to time with the sleeve of his hoodie until he can reach his destination.

It's frustrating how he's even bothered when it's pouring. He wasn't really looking forward for today but for the past days, he thought about the strawberry sweetness he can eat.

That's the only thing he cares about.

Stupid rain. Stupid weather.

With the rain and wind against him, it took him twice more of the time to reach his destination.

His hair is all over the place and he needed to remove his glasses to wipe it down once again. His clothes were partially drenched and he could feel like there's a pool in his shoes.

Being sheltered by the front porch, he closed his umbrella and place it on the rack beside the door before extending his hand to press the doorbell.

He could hear the light steps and the door being unlocked from the inside as he stood there.

The first thing that caught his eyes is the red rim under her eyes that wears a surprised expression.

"K-Kei-kun... what are you doing here?

Y/N grabbed him by the wrist and urged him to get inside, closing the door behind them.

"Oh my gosh! Look at you. You might catch a cold. I'll get you a towㅡ"

Before she can walk up to her room, she was stopped by a grip on her arm, pulling her back where he stands.

His hand found warmth on the side of her neck, and the other planted on the small of her back as he pulled her in.

His lips found sanctuary in hers as they landed on the soft pair. It's disgusting yet so... warm.

Tsukishima doesn't need anything. This warmth is enough from letting him catch a cold. And even just for a little, he wished that he can stay for a while.

He wished that it is okay for him to feel this warmth even just for a little.

Until that echo goes away.

------

"This is so stupid."

"Hm?"

Y/N glanced at Tsukishima who is sitting beside her on the couch after changing into new set of clothes, and a cup of tea in hand.

"So you're telling me you're crying because some freak died?"

"He's not a freak. Seiya-kun died to defeat the demon lord!"

*****

A/N: Knowing that people are actually reading this makes my heart go whoosh and baam! If you'll also be interested, I posted a Hinata x Reader One-shot entitled "One Ride"You guys stay safe and awesome!

xx