Chapter 24: Plans

A day passed by and Robin became quite busy with work. She had to go over some papers that were being sent to her by Email, which required her to send her corrections in. There were so many waiting in her drafts that she noticed the passage of time only when her phone rang, which could have been either from her brother or Paige. But she picked it up when she gave up on the final paper. It was a message that she never thought would come.

"Hey! This is Ben Summers."

Robin was blushing and she couldn't believe it. Why was she blushing? She wasn't the type to blush, especially not over a message of all things. What was happening to her?

"Hey!" She sent.

"This message should have been sent a long time ago but hey, I'm not good at texting. Technology is my worst enemy."

Robin smirked. "Don't worry, you're doing great. Technology absolutely sucks. What's up?" She didn't know how to text him but she tried to be herself because that is what Paige had told her to do.

"I am at a little cafe in town and I was wondering if you wanted to start planning the wedding. This place reminded me of you and since coffee is our religion...."

Ben was indeed in the best cafe in New York. He was taking a stroll around after an easy day at work when his eyes laid upon the shop. He immediately thought about Robin because of their shared love for coffee, and also because the shop reminded him of the one the two of them had been to in Amsterdam. He did not think twice before texting her.

Robin's mouth fell open. Coffee was the magical word. "I don't have my guitar with me. So do not plan anything!" She brought humour in tough situations and this was definitely a tough situation.

Ben laughed heartily as he walked through the front doors of the shop. "Of course not." He texted her the address after she sent that she would be on her way, not being able to believe that she had agreed, but very glad that she did. He had his laptop with him and he knew that they had to get cracking right away.

Robin got dressed and got onto the cycle that she had rented for three months. She got the idea from her time in Amsterdam and loved that there was a shop nearby that would give her her wish. She drove down to the cafe and saw that it was the perfect little place for that shop. Walking through the door, she was met with the feeling of home. She looked around and saw the familiar hair of the best actor in the world. "Hey." She waved at him as she approached his table. "This is a great place."

"It seems perfect, doesn't it? They even have separate flavours for the coffees," he said. "Oh, please." Ben pointed to the chair opposite to his when he realised that he was being rude.

"Thank you," she said as she sat down. She noticed that he had his laptop open, which made her open her bag and pull out her laptop. When she saw Ben's perplexed expression, she resisted laughter and embarrassment. "My sister-in-law's wedding planner. I helped and did the background work."

"I see that we aren't that different then." He turned the laptop around for her to see.

"Candice Summers," she read. "Sister?"

"Yup."

They started talking after ordering and shared details about their managers. "So nothing pink then," said Robin.

"Karen despises pink when it comes to arrangements."

"That must be one of the things that they share in common then." She smiled, helping herself to a french fry. "Paige freaked out when I gifted her a soft pink pashmina for her birthday. She didn't even want to look at it. I was glad I had the receipt with me, otherwise I would have worn the gift I bought myself."