Epilogue

In a certain apartment in Los Angeles was a certain dark-haired young man who was setting up a dinner table for two - me. I lit the candle that stood in its place on the candlestick and then placed the pink-coloured rose in the vase nearby. Seeing how the cream-coloured sheet looked on the table, I knew that I had to click a mental picture of how the table looked.

I felt proud of myself. I managed to set the table without spilling anything and without burning Tupperware. I was definitely proud of myself.

The chocolate milkshake was ready in the freezer and it was frozen at the exact amount that Robin liked. The ice shards had started to form over the layer of foam. It would normally give me a brain freeze but I didn't mind it when I could hear her laugh over it.

The sound of the clinking of keys echoed through the hallway outside. My head jerked to the door immediately. Robin was going to enter their house soon. Lincoln and Melody were waiting in the apartment opposite to ours and I knew exactly what they were waiting for. Even I was eager for the answer. But they weren't alone and I knew that as well.

Robin opened the door and walked inside the house with me greeting her with open arms. "Ooh, is something special today?"

Oh how I wish I could tell her! "Today, I thought that we could eat in. I've made your favourite lasagne." I took her bags from her and set them in their place by the lamp. "And by made, I mean heated the one that my mother made."

Robin kissed me really quickly. I so hoped that the money paid for acting classes worked tonight. If she even had a slight hint of what I was going to do, I would never forgive myself. Leave me. Both my families wouldn't forgive me if they found out. "Why don't you get ready and we can have a delicious dinner?"

I paced the entire hallway while Robin changed into a casual floral dress that she knew I liked very much. Seeing her under the yellow lights of the candle only melted my heart. When she looked at me questingly, I knew I was going a little far.

We sat down to eat and talked about how our day went. I wanted to interrupt her in so many moments but she had absolutely no idea what was in store for her that night. What seemed like a really long dinner, which I couldn't really appreciate because my throat was dry no matter how much water I drank, I saw the golden opportunity and took it.

"There are milkshakes in the freezer." I said, taking the plate from her. "Why don't you get them while I clear the table?"

Robin stood up and cleared the creases that had formed on her dress. She walked into the kitchen through the double doors and I knew that that was the perfect time for me to execute 'Mission Robin Hale'.

It was time for me to ask her the most important question of our lives.

Ben had been extremely sweet to help me through the long day that I had had at the firm. Whenever I called someone from our family, they seemed to be in a hurry to keep the phone down. On a normal day, I would have understood why that was so.

I should have taken the hint tonight.

I walked out of the kitchen holding two chocolate milkshakes in my hand, but they were extremely cold. I set them on the kitchen counter and walked out to take a cloth so that I could use them as support. But when I reached the table, I gasped. My hands immediately went to close my mouth.

Ben was on one knee on the ground.

I held my collarbone as I tried to get to reality. "Oh my Saints!"

"Robin." He was blushing.

"Oh my God." I walked closer to him.

"Robin," He began once again. "Between the two of us, we both know that you are the writer. I was so nervous about tonight because....well, I didn't want to mess this up in any way." I was looking down at him but my eyes were getting foggy. "These following lines have been the hardest ones that I've ever read or written in my entire life, because it was extremely hard to write how much you mean to me in a few words."

I let out a shaky laugh. He was actually doing it! "These past two years since I have met you on that flight have been the greatest times of my life. It has been an honour knowing you and an even bigger honour to care for you like you deserve to be cared for. You haven't let anyone into your life and that only makes me the luckiest person who was able to win your heart over."

I closed my eyes just for a second. I wiped the tears and concentrated on him again. "I have been searching for the one that I want to spend the rest of my life with and guess what, Robin?" I held my breath. "It's you. It's always been you."

Why was I getting so emotional?

"When we first spoke, I knew that you were going to be someone important to me. When we first danced, I knew that you were the one that I wanted to have all my dances with for the rest of my life." I nodded because that was exactly how I had felt. "We chose each other in this lifetime and I would like for that to happen for the next seven lifetimes that we spend together. So," He pulled out a blue satin box from the pocket of his pants and opened it to reveal a gorgeous diamond ring. "Miss Robin Hale....will you marry me?"

I was fixed to where I was. "Yes." I said. "Yes yes yes a million times yes!"

Ben let out the breath that he had been holding after the long speech that he had written, which made me quite emotional, by the way. He stood up and took my left hand in his right. He took the ring from its case and placed it on my ring finger.

It was a perfect fit.

I looked at him with teary eyes and the two of us shared a deep kiss. "Please tell me that you didn't figure it out."

I shook my head, trying to form the words. "Not at all!" I wiped my eyes once again. "You're a damn good actor, Mr. Summers!" I hit his arm playfully before burying my head in his chest.

"Shall we announce it to our family then?" He beckoned to the front door.

"Everyone's here?" He nodded and I couldn't hold back myself from kissing him once again.

Everyone burst out with applause when we revealed our engagement. Lincoln was the one who got the most emotional and I had expected that. Harry and Fiona welcomed me into their family while Candice teased Ben about whether he had forgotten anything.

There was one more thing that I needed to say to an important person now that I was going to be a part of their family. "Mr and Mrs. Summers?" I stood in front of them while trying to control my emotions. "I need to ask you something....and I really hope that you don't take me in the wrong way."

Fiona frowned at me. "Why would I take it in the wrong way, dear?" She pulled my hair back for me and told me to go ahead.

"I want you to know that I...." I looked at them with confidence. "I have considered you a part of my life ever since we met. But I would really like it if....I would really love it if you were my parents and not my in-laws."

Harry and Fiona shared a look before embracing me into a hug. "We are your parents, dear." Harry said. "Never have that doubt."

"Oh hey oh hey!" Ben interrupted our little moment. "Who is making my fiancee cry today of all days?" I knew that he had heard our entire conversation and was trying to make me feel better. "Well now that Robin is a Summers, will I get a welcome into the Hale family?" I laughed shakily. "Okay but that's rude. Everyone cares only about the bride."

He rolled his eyes and I hit his arm playfully. "I love you, Ben." I whispered to him when he hugged me once more that night.

"I love you too, Robin."