Chapter 50: The Premiere

It was a new autumn night. The leaves were falling off from their respective trees, giving way for new ones to grow during the right time. It was a time for new beginnings, and that was exactly what it was. Autumn signified change. For some people, it was for the better, bringing joy and happiness into their lives. But for some, it was a way of moving on with the vision of a better future, trying to get over something tragic that happened in their lives.

But this was a night of celebration.

The brunette that sat inside the black car wearing a black A-line dress was nervous beyond her imagination. She had always known that this day would come ever since her work had been confirmed. But actually being in that moment, she wondered how the person sitting next to her did it so often. She admired him for so many things and this was definitely one of them.

The dark-haired man sitting next to her in a black Burberry suit held her trembling hands in his. He was able to fulfill his own dreams and hers with where they were heading to. It was only a matter of time that everyone else saw the fruit of their efforts. He was so grateful to the person sitting next to him, because she had changed his entire life. "Nervous?"

She shook her head. "Not when I know that you'll be there with me."

"Everyone knows. We can always dodge questions, Robin. You don't have to answer anything that you're not comfortable with."

She smiled at him. "After Mrs. Pawfur makes her debut in interviews, this will be a cakewalk." She shrugged.

The car slowed down at the destination of the premiere of the movie, Out Of the Blue starring Ben Summers and Adelaide Peterson. The announcement of the movie went absolutely viral among fans, who also went crazy for the release of the sequel of the book.

Robin let out a deep breath and looked at Ben. She adjusted his tie, straightening it up and patting it down so that it didn't budge out. "I love you. I know it's corny to say it before a big event, but I do."

He melted every time he heard those words. He kissed her really quickly before they got out to flashing cameras. "I love you too." He winked once before the two of them got out onto the red carpet.

Camera flashes went off in a wild fashion. The power couple of the industry were making their way to the theatre for the opening of the film that they both shared with each other. The author who was getting her book being made into a movie and the lead actor was whom she was dating. It wasn't always that this happened but when it did, it was a shooting star across the great night sky.

Robin had faced a lot of trouble with keeping up with negative comments and pessimistic people getting in her way. But she had nothing to worry about. She had Ben with her after all. She ignored all of them and only concentrated on her blessings - Ben being on top of the list.

"Robin! Robin, here please!"

"Ben! Mr. Summers!"

"Look at the camera please!"

"How are you?"

"You look gorgeous!"

"We've finally got them!"

Hakim, Ben's bodyguard first and then Robin's, created space for the two of them to walk freely without the sea of reporters crowding around them.

Ben and Robin smiled and reached the stand where they could give their little interview before watching the movie for the first time. Robin had been on the sets but to actually see her creation on a theatre screen was going to be a dream come true.

"I think it's time for questions." Ben said, a smile on his face the entire time.

"Robin! Robin!" Robin nodded at the reporter with the Ray Ban glasses. "How does it feel to have your book having been made into a movie?"

"Being very honest, it feels unreal. I think I'm going to wake up at any moment now."

Laughs spread through the group of reporters that stood in front of them. "Is there any news about the second book getting adapted?" Someone else asked.

Robin's eyebrows shot up. "That's a great question, and I wish I had an answer for you. I guess it will all depend on how the first movie does. My fingers are crossed but it will all come down to how you, the audience, react to it."

"I have a feeling that something will happen." Ben said, making the flashes increase. "But we will have to wait and watch, like Robin said."

"Ben!" Someone caught his attention. "How does it feel to have acted in a series that you have called your dream role?"

Robin looked at him for that answer. "It feels beyond great!" He said, gripping her hand tighter and letting her know that he was with her. "It feels only yesterday since I met Robin and bothered her while she was writing the sequel. She was so kind enough to let me read her book and kept me from going mad."

She blushed at how he talked about her. She hoped that it didn't show though. She didn't want to be trolled at by the fans who also blushed every time Ben talked.

"And what is the future for the two of you?"

They had expected this question long ago. The two looked at each other. They knew the answer that they were going to give but they also knew the actual answer themselves. It was impossible for them to come up with a vague answer, but their lives were their own. They weren't going to let the outside world inside the home that they shared.

"I think you'll have to stay tuned for that as well." Ben spoke on their behalf.

The flashes went off again but Mark indicated that it was time for them to enter the theatre for the premiere. "Thank you everyone." Robin waved.

The two of them got out of everyone's attention and braced themselves to see their baby in the El Capitan Theatre. They were right in Hollywood and it was only right that they had found their dreams in the city that was meant for it to be. But in their defense, they had found what they were looking overseas after leaving the Budapest hotel, and they were going to be together no matter what tried to get in between them.

This was the simple love story of Robin Hale and Ben Summers.