Chapter 16: Old Friends

McDonald's - who doesn't love it, right? It has such a homely feeling to it and though it was a big franchise, it was the best! Every kid, teenager and adult cannot not like the food and for Robin and Ben, it was the only place where they would eat mayonnaise. Although it is an American Company, it is famous and loved worldwide. When Robin and Ben talked about their worst fears, she admitted that she was scared of Ronald McDonald's clown mascot. "It isn't just because of the fear of clowns. McDonald's is scary!"

"The clown is creepy, I have to admit. I refused to sit next to him when I came here for the first time. My Dad found it hilarious when I wouldn't even look at the clown which was made the mascot for children in the first place. Why would anyone choose a clown for a mascot?"

"Clowns are scary!"

The two of them had an unspoken pact about splitting the taxi fares and other expenses, which they loved about the other. After they paid the driver and took their hand luggage with them, they walked towards the door at the same time. "You go." They prompted the other to enter first but Ben opened the door and gently pushed her inside, being in a disguise to keep the two friends safe from a sudden burst of media spams. He wasn't going to be the reason for their meeting to get spoiled.

Robin's eyes searched the crowd for someone with the description that her friend had given her. They had never seen each other because they wanted their first meeting to be special and so, Robin searched for someone wearing a orange-coloured hoodie with brown hair. When her eyes landed on her, Mila Anne turned around and waved at her, identifying the guitar case that Robin had sent as her identification. A huge smile spread across Robin's face as the two old friends walked towards the other and pulled each other into a bear hug. Once they let go, they looked at each other and chuckled, not being able to believe that they were finally getting to meet each other. "Hi." Mila Anne put her right hand forward. "Mila Anne Blue." She formally introduced herself.

"Robin Hale." She shook it before pulling her into another hug.

"Shall we sit?" Mila Anne beckoned to the seat that she was seated at.

"Yes please."

"You are honestly the politest person, aren't you?" She smirked.

"Only when I want to be." Robin reminded her and when she turned around to look for Ben, she knew that she would have to prepare Mila Anne for what was about to happen. "Blue, hey." She started to speak, making her turn around. "I am here with a friend." She pointed to Ben, who was walking towards them awkwardly.

"No problem. I saw your text." She nodded. "Hey." She introduced herself to him when he stood beside Robin.

Ben removed his cap and glasses, making Mila Anne shocked to her vey core. Her eyes were wider than normal but she was trying not to freak out. "Benjamin Summers." He shook her hand.

Robin saw the astonishment on Mila Anne's face and prayed for her to not go into shock as her hand lingered in the air after the shake for a while. But she was quick to compose herself. "H-hi." Her voice shook.

"I'm sorry to come unannounced." Ben started. "I'll leave you to catch up. You won't even know that I'm here. I'm sure you have a lot to talk about." He caught a quick glance at Robin before he walked out of the restaurant to look around London. He had already told Robin about his plans since he was in his home city after a really long time.

Robin guided Mila Anne to the seat that she was sitting at while she tried to process what had happened. She smacked Robin's arm for the sudden surprise. "How could you!"

"Ow!" Robin exclaimed, rubbing the area where Mila Anne had hit her.

"Benjamin freaking Summers?" She whispered hastily as she continuously brushed against Robin's arm with her hands. "That was Benjamin Summers! Benjamin 'the eyes' Summers! Ben 'perfect hair' Summers!"

"I know! Ow! You weren't kidding about your mean side."

"Who what when where and why? H-how?" She couldn't even think properly and had to remind herself to breathe and function like a normal human being. Nobody gets to meet their favourite actor every day, right?

"We met on the flight." Robin revealed the answer to the question that was going to come up.

"You sat next to each other?" She gasped. "Wait. That was Caleb Barnes in the flesh!" She closed her mouth when another realisation hit her. "Does he know that?" She asked but Robin's face said it all. "I knew it! I knew Ben would find out about Caleb eventually. I told you I would....no. I threatened you that I would tell him, and look how the tables have turned!"

"You were praying for it, dude." She rolled her eyes.

"I would be lying if I said that I didn't. I did tell you that I would send him a threatening message if he didn't acknowledge your artwork and the book," she admitted. "So how did you meet? What happened? Who was the first to start the conversation? Has he read Out of the Blue? What did he think about it? Goodness I might faint!"

Mila Anne took a deep breath after Robin told her the details of whatever had happened in the past day and turned to look at the doorway through which he left. "Benjamin Summers," she whispered.

"Advanced Happy Birthday?"

"Best present ever, not gonna lie," she revealed. "How are you? I mean, you did just walk here with the greatest actor in the world. How are you?"

"Me?" Robin pointed to herself. "I'm fine, actually. That's the surprising part!" She laughed.

"Okay, enough about Ben Summers. We talk enough about him anyway," she said and the two friends started to catch up with each other and when the decided duration of their meeting ended, they exchanged numbers to stay in touch now that they knew the other in person. "How is your brother? Wait, did you find out if you are going to become an Aunt or an Uncle?"

Robin shook her head, pursing her lips together. "I'm a little scared, Blue. What if I can't spoil the kid enough? What if she doesn't like me?"

Mila Anne waved her hand down. "That's just your paranoia talking to you. You are the kindest person I've ever met. You always respond to your fan's messages and always check your mentions on social media. How can the kid not like you?"

The two of them ordered something really quickly to eat and after they had their share of conversation, they started to walk out of the restaurant with their arms looped together with smiles on their faces but Mila Anne stopped when they reached the door. "Come on," Robin beckoned to the door.

"Ben is feeding pigeons," Mila Anne stated. "Benjamin Summers is feeding pigeons outside McDonald's!" She gasped softly. "Now there's a sentence that I never thought that I would say.