Chapter 34: Final Details

The day before the wedding arrived. The farmhouse was decorated with fairy lights all over, exactly like the Honours wanted. No one would have a hard time finding their way to it from the main road. An arch was set up at the front with flowers flowing through them. It would be like walking into a fairy wonderland. The path from there was decorated with a flower carpet that would lead the guests into the backyard, where the ceremonial arch and the altar stood. The aisle that led to the altar was decorated with candles that marked the seats for the guests to sit at. The reception would be held on the other side of the farmhouse where a tent was set up. Inside, the tables were set for the people to sit at and a dance floor was set up for the first dance. The kitchen staff of the caterers were given their routine and timings that they would have to follow. Professional photographers stood waiting to capture a picture perfect moment of the brides at the gazebo that already stood in the farmhouse.

Everyone started arriving a day before the wedding because nobody wanted to miss it. Karen and Paige were renowned people and were two of the most supportive women in their respective industries. People only needed to meet them once to fall in love with them, and it wasn't hard to see how they fell in love with each other. Ben and Robin were in-charge of the final details that went into the wedding. They made sure that the cake was safe in the freezer and there was enough food for everyone for the reception dinner as well as the wedding lunch.

Karen and Paige gave their Honours their dresses a double check and confirmed everything to go as planned. But the Honours made sure that the brides didn't spend time with each other. "Traditions!" They exclaimed. They were going to wear suits for the reception dinner and dresses for the ceremony. It was quite a bold and a very apt choice. Robin was going to wear a blue tulle dress for the reception and a burgundy dress for the ceremony while Ben was going to wear his Vanity suit for the reception and Mr. Tanaka' suit for the ceremony.

Everything was set. But what is a wedding without problems?

Ben was the one who realised it when he saw the missing keys at the reception. "Uh oh." He spoke when Maya, the Events Organiser, told him about it. She was surprised as to how he hadn't realised it long before, but who could blame him for it? He frantically searched for a certain brunette, afraid of how she would take the news. It was a shock to him. He didn't want it to be a lot more for her. His heart felt satisfied when he saw her guiding the packers and movers around, but he was still terrified. "Robin?"

She turned around and once again, Ben had to take out his feelings out of his vessel. "Yeah?"

"We have a problem."

"Uh oh." She had been expecting someone to pop us soon. She felt uneasy the entire morning. "Is it that cake? Is it the dress? Please don't tell me its cold feet. I cannot deal with them with all this and-"

"It's none of those." A smile crept on his face when he realised that she was in her writer state. She needed things to go as they were planned. In that way, they weren't so different. "Uh...." He wasn't sure how to put it into words but he wasn't that good of an actor to prolong the situation into a lie. "We were so busy planning out the wedding that we forgot about the assignment chart. Every single room has been occupied by the guests." He revealed. "Only one room is available right now. This is our best option."

Robin did not know how to react. She had to share a room with Ben. They couldn't share their rooms with the brides because they were busy with interviews all day and they would need their beauty sleep. Ben was right. Despite all the flutters that her heart would be making, it really was their best option. "I call dibs on the couch."

Ben's mouth fell open at her reply but he composed himself soon. "You can't call dibs on something you don't have your eyes on!"

Robin closed her eyes and ears. "Lalalalala I can't hear you! The couch is mine!"

He rolled his eyes. "We'll see."

The two busied themselves with work and giving directions to people. The kitchen was cleared up and the table menus rested at the end of the long table. The waiters would arrive the first thing next morning and Maya would give them the specific guidelines.

Karen and Page talked to each other once before they had to go their separate ways. Their rooms were on the opposite ends of the farmhouse and they would be entering the reception hall and the ceremony from the two ends of the location. It was going to be the perfect wedding that they always dreamt of - small, simple and only close friends.

The brides made small talk with the reporters that had gathered, who wanted every single detail about what led to them getting married. They were getting their individual photoshoots done and everything seemed to be set. Paige almost convinced Robin to join them in a photoshoot while Karen talked to Ben, but the two Honours knew better than to agree to that. This was going to be their event and they weren't going to intervene in that. Besides, they had their own problems to deal with.

Evening fell upon the city and cast its orange hue on the farmhouse. The sun set before the canopy of trees, making it peaceful to anyone that would look up at the sky. Robin and Ben made their way to their room after everything was done. They were nervous the entire time but they trusted each other more than anyone. They were safe and had nothing to worry about. But could they trust themselves?

As soon as Ben opened the door with the key, Robin ran inside past him and sat on the couch. "Dibs." She told him.

His mouth fell open. "This is so not fair!"

"Everything is fair, Summers." She shrugged. "I called dibs. Don't you dare take my bags from here."

He let out a sigh. "Fine." There was no arguing with her. He made his way to the bed and kept his bags on it. Ben was a huge fan of horror movies, and no movie was as terrifying as his current situation.

It was going to be a long night.