Chapter 45: Breaking Walls

It was a peaceful morning for the two human beings living under the same roof. Ben would be leaving that day and Robin wanted to spend the entire time they had left with him. They had to figure some things out before they could come out to their family members.

But the world did it for them and did not leave them with any choice.

Robin was woken up very early in the morning by the ringing of her phone. Her eyes took some time to adjust to being woken up so suddenly, that too without the alarm that she was so used to waking up to. She searched for the phone on the table stand next to the sofa and once she caught the cold surface in her hand, she opened her right eye to see the caller ID.

Two words. That's all it took for her to get up urgently.

"Mila Anne?"

"Hale! Hale, are you awake?"

She sounded so panicked that Robin was brought out of her sleeping trance. "I am now. Blue, is everything okay? It's six in the morning in London."

"Is your laptop nearby?"

Robin's eyes narrowed at the particular question. Mila Anne was calling her at seven in the morning in such a panicked state only to ask her if she had her laptop nearby. "I do, yes, but why-"

"Open it. Now!" Robin opened her mouth to say something but Mila Anne had sensed it right away. "Everything will make sense once you open the laptop. Open your email!"

Robin set the laptop on the table in front of her and opened it. "Can you tell me anything while I login? I'm getting worried-"

"I'm so sorry, Robin." Robin's hands stopped typing at that. Why would Blue be apologising to her out of nowhere? "I'm so sorry that this happened. I'm doing everything possible to keep it away from getting printed in papers or magazines. Mike is being held at gunpoint. I'm doing it, don't worry. This will be all that I do today. Don't worry. I'm here for you."

Robin gripped the phone tighter. "Mila Anne, what are you talking about?" She thought that maybe her book had something controversial written on it but that would have made Paige call her, not her best friend. What was so important?

"These people have no other job but to twist everything. I am really sorry and I will do everything possible. I'm talking to Mike about this and he agrees with me. I'll pull in favours everywhere because nothing matters right now and-"

"Oh my God."

Robin had seen what Mila Anne had sent to her.

"Yeah." Mila Anne sighed. "I won't ask you for any explanation. I know that these are rumours until you yourself tell me otherwise and-"

"I'll call you back."

Mila Anne nodded. "Take care, love. Don't listen to anyone." She cut the call and stared at the same article that Robin was.

Actor Ben Summoners Has Found Love 

With Best-Selling Author, Robin Hale:

The air was sucked out of Robin. She stifled a gasp, closing her mouth with her hands. Her phone started to buzz with notifications, both from people that she knew and from people that she didn't know, once her phone got tuned to the internet. Her Instagram account was getting tagged in stories and posts. She was getting several emails and her Twitter account was being mentioned in hit tweets.

She shut her phone and stared at the heading of the article once again. "Oh no." She breathed out finally. "This can't be happening." Her phone refused to stop giving her notifications and she was scared to open any app. She couldn't even bring herself to read the article. How could she read what the fans were saying? She was one herself and knew how twisted people could get. "Oh no. No no no no no. This shouldn't be happening!" It had only been a few days since she and Ben decided to become a couple as such. They had so much to talk to!

"Robin?" Ben, who had walked into the living room after hearing a loud thud, saw Robin staring at her laptop. He sat down next to her and put his arm around her. "Hey, what happened?" He whispered.

Robin finally looked at him and turned the laptop to face him. She stood up to start pacing the room while Ben went through the article. It was written by a top reporter in Budapest. There were several photos of Robin and Ben together from their trips around the city. Ben had been very careful in hiding himself but they had found him after all. "Oh no...." He brushed his fingers through his hair. "Robin, I'm so sorry-"

He was interrupted by phones ringing throughout the apartment. Robin rushed to pick hers up while Ben continued to process what had happened. He had let her down. He had brought her into the film industry when he knew that was the opposite of what she had wanted. "Lincoln?" She had closed her eyes with her hand, which made it hard for Ben to see what she was thinking. She was so grateful that he had called because she really needed to hear his voice. She was panicking and her ADHD wasn't helping.

"Robin, are you okay? I'm seeing these articles that are being sent to me, and Melody is also seeing them everywhere. The phones are buzzing but that doesn't matter. Are you okay? What's going on?"

Robin wanted to break down right there. She was glad that she would be seeing them soon because she wanted him to hug her and tell her that everything would be fine. But she would have to tell him first. "Everything is fine, Lincoln. I just...." She looked at Ben standing in the other end of the room, talking to someone in hushed tones. "I don't know what to do!"

"Deep breaths, my child. Deep breaths."

Robin followed his instructions and started to breathe normally. "Okay. I'm breathing."

"Rob?" Melody took the line. "Mila Anne called me and explained everything. Don't worry about anything. We are working on getting everyone to shut up about this. Stay away from reporters and cameras. Are you all packed?"

Robin nodded. "Yes, Mels. I'm all packed."

"Great. I'm changing your flight to the day after tomorrow. The sooner you get here, the sooner you'll feel better."

Robin nodded once again. "Thank you, Melody."

Meanwhile, Ben was talking to his mother. "Ben, are you alright?"

"I'm fine, Mom. It's just...." He looked at Robin at that. "I'm worried about bringing Robin into this. She doesn't deserve this."

"I know that this isn't the time to talk about the two of you but keep her safe, you hear me? You keep her safe from all the hungry reporters that are ready to pounce on her with questions."

"I will, Mom."

But the two of them didn't realise just how difficult it was going to get.