F O U R

☆

☆.。.:* BABY BLUES .。.:*☆
act one — the test
( 🤎🌫👼🏼☁️)

Tuesdays were Lando's and Thea's favourite days, for sure, they would spend the whole day with one another to make up for the loss time during the weekend. During the day, they would work out together with Jon, but Thea would never carry on as long as Lando would because she would be too busy laughing, they would go on long walks and talk about life and they would make TikToks together, but never posting them because as selfish as it sounds, she wanted to be the only one to see them.

But this specific Tuesday was different to the rest, today was the day that they were going to tell their family about the baby, and they were nervous but mostly excited. They weren't even dating so they didn't have any ideas on how they would react to the news, but as everybody said, the pair acted more like soulmates than best friends. But before they visited their families, they had an appointment at the hospital with a private doctor that Thea had booked on Friday. This appointment would tell Thea and Lando would tell how far along Thea was in her pregnancy and if their baby was healthy.

They were excited, excited to see their baby for the first time and excited for the future. They had decided that they wanted to keep the pregnancy a secret between them, their family and close, trustworthy friends for the first few months as they wanted some privacy before announcing it to the fans. From McLaren, only Zak, Andreas, Charlotte, Helen, Jon and obviously Carlos would know because that's who the pair were closest with.

Both Thea and Lando wanted to document some parts throughout the nine months ahead, and posting it on their YouTube channels when the baby was born. Even though it was off season, Lando had to go to the MTC for the morning to finish up some things so they decided to tell Zak and Andreas tomorrow.

It was a fifteen minute drive to the hospital. Normally when the two youngsters went somewhere, they wouldn't stop talking, laughing or singing terribly but you could cut the tension with a knife. It was quiet, too quiet, the only noise coming from the speaker that was playing Ariana Grande from Thea's phone and it was comforting for the young mother, she had woken up with a headache and morning sickness so all she wanted was some relaxation before the busy day ahead.

Thea spent the whole journey leaning with her head against the window, the vibrations coming from the road soothing the pain in her head, and with her right hand resting on her thigh. Lando noticed her discomfort throughout the morning and he wanted nothing more than to help her, he just didn't know how.

Quickly looking over at her before putting his attention back onto the slightly busy road, he placed his hand onto hers and interlocking their fingers causing her to sit upright. "Thank you." She whispered, sending him a loving smile that he reciprocated, spending the rest of the drive rubbing his thumb across the back of her hand.

That moment made him realise, it made him realise that he was in love with her.

Ever since he was sixteen, he had loved the blonde girl but never did anything to make their relationship go further. He loved the way her hair sat so perfectly on her shoulders, he loved the way she lit up when she saw something or something that she loved, he loved how she was so kind to everybody even if they weren't to her. Lando loved when she laughed as it let him know that she was happy, he loved that she was shorter than him so he could always hug her whenever he wanted, he loved the continuous amounts of support that she showed for him. Lando Norris was hopelessly in love with Thea Greene.

The doctors appointment had gone smoothly, Thea was now six weeks pregnant and they decided to hear the heartbeat for the first time. It was a sound that brought the new parents to tears, it all felt so surreal for them both yet they were so happy and ready to give their baby so much of their love. Throughout the appointment, Lando and Thea would sneakily glance at each other when they thought the other couldn't notice, causing the nurse to smile at them lovingly, admiring the special bond they had even if they weren't necessarily dating.

Once left alone in the hospital room, with the scan photo in front of them, Lando stared in admiration whilst Thea covered the bottom half of her face with her hand and tears filled her eyes. "It's pretty amazing, don't you think, T?" He whispered, nudging closer to his best friend as he sat next to her on the bed.

"I don't see it!" She told him as she tried her hardest to try and spot her baby, yet it was confusing her to say the least. All Lando could do was look at her dumbfounded as he tried to suppress his laughter, not wanting to upset the hormonal woman any more.

"I cant see my baby!" Thea let out a cry, covering her mouth once more as she sat up further, as if it would magically help her find the baby on the screen.

"But you just said that you did?" Lando let out a huge laugh, causing her to look at him annoyed before she sharply turned her head back to the ultrasound.

"I lied. I didn't want the nurse to think I'm a terrible mother, i cant even see my own baby!" Thea grew more upset as she fell back, making Lando gently pull her back up so he could show her the screen and to hopefully show her their baby. Moving her body towards the screen, he pointed at the foetus as he looked back at the woman he loved, who's eyes were now softer and a little bit red as she let out a small sigh. "Oh, its beautiful. I see it now"

"You still cant see it, can you, T?" Lando chuckled, Thea sobbing once again as she told him that she couldn't see it making him let out a huge laugh before going to get the nurse. After five minutes of reassurance to Thea that she wasnt a bad mother just because she couldn't see her baby on the first ultrasound and that many first time mothers go through the same thing; and once they had gotten multiple scan photos and a few baby cards, the pair were on their way to Lando's family home first.

It was about a twenty-five minute journey, yet it felt like hours that they were in the car, they had finally made it. Nerves were rising rapidly in Lando and Thea's stomachs, as they had no clue on how his parents and siblings would react to the news. Hope for the best, pray for the worst was the phrase that ran through Thea's mind at the minute as she began to fidget with her fingers, something that she always did when she felt nervous. Over the years, Lando began to notice this and whenever he saw her doing it, he would do all he could to make her feel better. Reaching for her dainty hand, he gave it a gentle squeeze as he sent her a loving smile when the door opened.