T W E N T Y - O N E

☆

..:* BABY BLUES ..:*
act two — the pregnancy
(🤍🦋👼🏼💌)

Waking up feeling extra bloated, both Thea and Lando could not be bothered to get out of their bed this morning but they knew they had to at some point. They had already been awake for just over twenty minutes but were still cuddled in the position that they woke up in; their legs entangled in the others with their hands intertwined on top of the bed duvet, Lando rubbing Thea's knuckles with his thumb making her continuously smile at the gesture.

"Are you nervous?" Thea heard him ask, his voice quiet as he felt no need to talk loudly if it was just them two in their own bedroom.

"About the baby?" She asked back, feeling him nod against the back of her neck after he moved closer into her. "Yeah, of course i am. I'm scared about everything, the birth, him growing up and all the chaos when he's born and you're travelling the world." She said, without thinking about what she had said and not realising that it might've struck a nerve with Lando.

"What do you mean about that last bit?" He asked her, her not seeing his furrowed brows and confused face.

"You know what i mean, Lan. It's not going to be all peace and quiet from everybody when he's born; there's going be lots of people asking you questions about him, the fans dying to find out information about him and you wont be here most of the time." She spoke quietly, her hormones currently testing her right now as she could already feel the lump at the back of her throat if their conversation turned into an argument.

"You cant just say that, Thea, its not my fault i have a job that requires me to travel." His own voice got louder by the minute as he pulled himself off of his pregnant girlfriend and got out out of the bed.

"I never said it was your fault, Lando, you and i both know that i respect you and your job. But its not as if i can just pack up my life and travel nearly every week to a different country with a newborn baby, its not that easy." She told him calmly, desperately trying to maintain her steady voice.

"You're acting as if i can control what's going to happen at the races but Charlotte and Helen are there to help him if he needs it." He tried to prove a point, but it had no advantages.

"Lando, are you even listening to what I'm telling you?" Thea sarcastically asked him, her back now against the headboard as she looked at him in disbelief. "It'll already be hard getting used to a routine with him, never mind changing the time zones every week, it'd be too difficult for us all. And you wont be here for over half of the year, so it'd only be me and him everyday."

"So i wont even be able to see my own son on race weekends?" He asked, tears welling up in his eyes as his voice cracked causing her to feel guilty about even talking about the topic. Thea's face dropped as soon as she saw his mood change, trying to get up as quickly as she could so she could go over to him but he stepped away before she could even touch him.