T W E N T Y - S E V E N

☆

..:* BABY BLUES ..:*
act two — the pregnancy
(🤍🦋👼🏼💌)

Authors note: this chapter is not gonna be exactly like the race weekend, i wanted to change it to fit my character x

Australia.

The first race of the season, you could either succeed or fail and all Lando wanted to do was succeed. The flight was long and Thea had dreaded it the whole time as she couldnt find a position that she was comfortable enough in to sleep, but Lando had tried to make it better for her by wrapping his arm around her shoulders yet nothing worked for her. The baby was kicking a lot during the flight, it being uncomfortable majority of the time but once Lando saw how much his baby was moving, he rested his hand on her stomach, his slightly warm palm creating a comfort blanket for both Thea and the baby.

However, there were bigger things to be worrying about in this moment of time, there was a new virus going around and to say that Thea was anxious was an understatement; she had read that many people were passing away after catching coronavirus and it was rapidly spreading to surrounding countries. She almost changed her mind about attending the Australian Grand Prix if it wasn't for it being the first race and for Lando basically begging her to join him.

Waking up in his arms instead of on her own in their home in Surrey, meant that Thea felt safe and comforted in his presence whilst also being able to have a few more minutes of sleep if the baby didn't kick her for a short while. She knew it would be early, due to the jet lag that was sure to kick in soon, but also because of the bright Australian sun peeking through the closed curtains; Lando's alarm just topped everything off. Groaning slightly but it being muffled due to her head resting in the crook of his neck, Thea tried to stretch her arms as much as she could to try and turn off the dreaded sounds that everybody hated. However, as she was halfway her pregnancy and simple tasks weren't as easy than they used to be, Lando had to do it, slowly peeling his arms off of her so he could turn around and turn the alarm off.

"Please turn that off, its too early." Thea murmured, her hands now covering her eyes as if it would magically stop all the noise and send her back to a peaceful sleep, causing the sleepy Lando to chuckle at her.

"Good morning to you, too." He spoke sarcastically, as he finally turned the alarm off, only for him to cuddle back into his girlfriend. His head now resting on her chest with his arm on top of her, his hand resting on her stomach as he tiredly watched their baby move around. "Did you sleep well?"

"Other than this bugger, who kept kicking me for most of the night, i slept alright. How about you?" Thea softly replied to her question, now playing with his curls as she loved the feeling as much as he did. Resting her other hand on her growing belly, Lando took this an opportunity to interlock their fingers together causing her to smile at him and place a gentle kiss on the part of his head that she could reach.