Chapter Eighteen - Rude Awakening

"Roman," I question in confusion, sleepiness blurring my surroundings.

The room was pitch black but the golden glow of the eyes above me shone causing terror to flood through me.

"Roman," I exclaim again in surprise.

I jump in surprise hand flying to the beside table and fumbling with the lamp until its light illuminates the room. Roman was above me staring down with a grim expression.

"What the hell are you doing?" I snap at him, pulling my blanket closer around me, "you can't just come into my room in the middle of the night its creepy."

Roman's expression has changed to one of great amusement which just manages to annoy me more. "But then I'd never have found out you mumble in your sleep," he says with a shrug.

I glare at him throwing a pillow at him which he manages to catch and throw right back at me. "I'm seriously going to find out where you keep the extra key to this cabin and destroy it," I hiss out, "now are you going to tell me why you're here."

"I need you to pack a bag and come with me," Roman informs me feeling no need to elaborate more than that.

I shake my head twisting the pillow in my hand in annoyance, "That's it? That's all you're going to give me? Do you even realize how ominous that sounds?"

Roman sighs in frustration, "Good," he tells me, "now pack a bag and get dressed before I drag you out in your pyjamas. You have five minutes."

With those words Roman turns and departs, leaving me more perplexed than ever. I couldn't even fathom why Roman would do this? He must think I'm in danger that's the only thing that makes sense. But I was at the pack house, what possible danger could I be in? Expecting Roman to tell me was a fool's errand.

So, I decide the best thing to do, would to be to do as I'm told. I know Roman well enough by now, to know that he's serious about his threat to drag me out of here. Besides I'm sure eventually I'd get some answers.

When I exit the room, I see Roman pacing in front of the door eyes on the phone in front of him. I frown at the sight of him. He is as well-kept as ever, but I could sense a new tenseness to him. Him being on edge was making me feel on edge. I close the door behind me drawing his attention over, he looks relieved when he sees me ready to go.

"What's wrong?" I ask him as he gestures me over.

Roman shakes his head, "Nothing serious enough for you to stop being mad at me."

I roll my eyes at his words as he practically pushes me out the door. "Clearly something is wrong," I counter, "unless you just make a habit of breaking into people's houses and forcing them on an unexpected trip in the middle of the night."

"It's not breaking in if you have a key," Roman replies placing a hand on my back to force me to match his pace as we make our way down the abandoned path.

"You're going to have to start thinking up a new excuse because I'm going to find that key," I tell him stopping short as the front of the pack house appears in front of us.

It's a hive of activity. At 3am in the morning there should not be this many people up and around. People are coming in and out of the house, loading luggage and equipment into the long line of cars.

"Roman, what the hell is going on?" I repeat my question from earlier.

I plant my feet firmly on the ground refusing to move until I get a satisfying answer. After one failed attempt to push me forward Roman swings me up into his arms and commences moving both of us forward.