Two | The New Guy

Chapter 2 : The New Guy

By fifth period I was relieved that the day was almost coming to an end. My day has been surrounded with excited girls getting asked to Pre-homecoming by their boyfriends or crushes.

I don't see the big deal, to be honest, but at Lincoln prep high, everything's a big deal.

Silently I walk down the quiet and empty hallway, stopping by my locker. I throw my science book then close it back making sure it's locked.

Last time I forgot to lock my locker, Joslin and her friends spray painted the inside of my entire locker. All my books and work were ruined, but luckily Scarlet caught me up on all the notes since mines got ruined.

Once I secure my locker I continue my journey down the hallway towards the cafeteria. I hate sitting in there. The loud students throwing food, shoving and pushing each other to get in line is the worst. The library is where I like to enjoy my lunchtime but, Scarlet insist we keep on eating in the cafeteria. She's lucky I love her.

As I'm turning the corner I bumped into a hard chest making me stumble back a bit.

Ew, that was cliche as hell.

Me being my clumsy self.

My face was getting ready to meet the floor for the millionth time since freshman year.

But Before I could hit the floor the person wrapped their strong arms around my waist, stopping me From falling. "I'm sorry-" I cut my words off once my eyes meet with the mysterious guy's.

Stopping in my tracks, I stare at the blue eyed guy standing in front of me. He has dark brown hair, pale but not too pale skin.

His body is muscular like he works out almost every day and could be the football teams captain. He is cute but not Damon cute.

This guy is well taller than me. I felt like a minion.

He stood maybe 5ft 8in. But that's not compared to my 5'6 self though.

"Like what you see?" He broke the silence. His voice was deep and that's what snaps me from my drooling daze. I pull away from his grip and chuckle nervously feeling my cheeks flush red.

A smirk forms on his perfect lips.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention," I shift on my right foot awkwardly.

I always find my self in awkward situations like this. Sometimes I wish I could just disappear whenever I encounter any hard or really awkward situation.

Or whenever I embarrass myself in front of the entire student body.

"It's no big deal Really. At least it was a pretty girl and not a guy, that would have been pretty awkward," He sucks his teeth together and winks at me. Of course, I blush.

"I should go.," I said awkwardly. He moves aside, letting me go past. I start walking away when he grabs my waist stopping me.

I stop in my tracks as he lets go.

"Uh, I'm new here. Could you show me where the cafeteria is?" He scratches the back of his neck and balances his backpack on one shoulder.

Doesn't he have a schedule?

Before I could open my mouth, my phone rings in my pocket. That rarely happens. I'm always surprised when my phone rings sometimes.

But it's always either my mom, Harmony, Harley, Scarlet or my internet bully. who only messages me. Those messages I try to ignore.