Eight | You're Adopted?

Chapter 8 : You're Adopted?

"Again, I'm sorry about my brother.." I apologize for the 100th time, Staring out of the passenger side window. My face has been red since we left my house and I haven't been able to look Brett in the eyes.

My brother is really knows how to embarrass me.

"Gorgeous you don't have to keep apologizing. I said it's ok," Brett chuckles as he continues driving down the street.

"Sorry, it's a habit," He turns his head to smile at me then turns back to the street.

"You're adorable," He chuckles and I feel a blush creep my cheeks, again. I hide behind my hair this time and Brett laughs.

"Not funny."

"It kinda was. You should be a comedian," I shook my head.

"Being on stage isn't my thing. Plus, no one is funnier than Kevin Hart," He laughed and shook his head, pointing a finger towards me.

"That is true."

We burst out laughing after a moment of silence.

Why do I feel like I can be myself around him? I barely know him...

"So where are we going?" I watched the city as we passed by.

"You'll see," I turn my head to see him smirking.

"You're not gonna kill me, are you?" He laughs out loud and I smile. His laugh is kinda cute.

Who said that...?

You. You idiot.

"You're adorable and funny, I like it." He smiles at me.

* * * * * *

"A skate park?" I folded my arms, staring at Brett as he stood there with a grin.

"Yeah," He winked and walked towards the skateboards.

"No, no. last time I came here, Harley and Damon broke my foot!" I whine.

"Damon? You guys know each other pretty well, huh?" He scratched the back of his neck.

"Yeah, we actually grew up together. he's Harley's best friend," I shrug and hide my smile.

"Oh, so you guys are close?"

"Why do you ask? I mean yeah, I guess since he's always at our house," I shrug.

"Right," He cleared his throat.

"Shall we?" He motioned his hands toward the skateboards that are stacked up.

"No, we shall not. I am not getting on that death board," I fold my arms sassily.

"Death board?" He raises his eyebrow.

"Yes, therefore I am not getting on that thing," I flop down on the edge of the skating rink.

"Aw, princess," He playfully pouts and I roll my eyes.

"I'll hold onto you the whole time, how's that sound?" He holds up a skateboard and smiles, showing his dimples.

Ugh! Curse him for having them!

The next thing I knew I'm on a death board, holding onto Brett's shoulders for support as he holds onto my waist. I have on foot on the board and the other on the ground.

"Brett I can't—"

"It's ok. You're doing good princess Minnie," He smirked and I scoff.