Thirty-Six | Unexpected Guest

Chapter 36 : Unexpected Guest

After showering and getting dressed in the bathroom, I run my fingers through my wet hair and stared at myself for a while. The mirror is foggy and the bathroom is steamy. I watch as the droplets race down the mirror, hitting the sink.

This could get better. I thought to myself.

Grabbing my bag with my clothes from before in it, I open the bathroom door, the fresh air colliding with the steam making me shiver.

As soon as I stepped foot out of the bathroom, arms wrapped around my waist tightly. I smiled as he brought me closer towards his body, his nose in the crook on my neck.

"I was worried," He said, breathing in my scent.

"I only took a shower," I chuckled. Damon turned me around and smiled. He leaned down, his lips hovering over mine.

"Still," He whispered before lifting me up. He wrapped my legs around his waist and sat into the hospital bed with me straddling his lap.

After the doctors confirmed that the medicine was out of my system, they went over with my mom about drinking and eating more since that was what caused me to throw my guts up for a while.

I slightly jumped as Damon rubbed his nose against mine softly making my heart tingle. The next thing I knew his arms were around my body forming a hug.

I couldn't help but smile and wrap my arms around his neck, running my fingers through his hair.

"You smell good," He said and kissed my neck.

"And you're obsessed with me," I joked as he pulled away, his facing very close to mine.

"That's kinda true," He shrugged.

"I'm just happy," He smiled.

"And why is that?"

"Because I know I get to call you mine one of these days," He squeezed my waist some.

"When?" I asked suddenly excited.

"You'll never know," He whispered before kissing me slowly. I smiled through the kiss before pulling away.

"Why'd you pull away?" He pouted.

"Because it's time to leave," I rolled my eyes playfully and tried getting off of his lap.

"No, stay," He whined like a baby and I sighed.

"You have to let me go."

"No. Baby stay," He continued to whine.

"Stay with me," He sang and I laughed out loud.

"I'm definitely getting up on that note," I snickered and finally got up from his lap.

"You don't like my singing?"

"No."

"Wow so blunt," He rolled his eyes.

"Learned it from the best," I winked at him.