Nine | Stop crying

Chapter 9 : Stop Crying

"Sooo, how'd your date go?" My Mother popped her head through the doorway of the kitchen. I scoff as she walks into the kitchen never taking her eyes off me.

"It wasn't a date mom. he's just my friend," I roll my eyes.

"But he's cute," She wiggles her eyebrows.

"Oh, god. that sounds weird coming from you!" I gave her a disgusted look as she flagged her hand at me and laughs.

When my mom and I talk, she thinks she's my age again but, my moms my best friend.

"Yeah, I guess," I shrug.

"You guess? he looks like a model," I scrunch up my face. Ew.

"Gross, mom don't say that about a teenage boy!" She laughs and bear hugs me.

"Aw, I love you. I'm glad you're getting out there, ya know," She kisses my head and pulls away.

"Just because I hang with one person, doesn't mean I'm 'getting out there' mom." She shakes her head, smiling at me.

"You are my child, " I grin at her adorably and look around.

"Have you seen harmony? It feels like I haven't seen her in forever," Honestly, it's the truth. she may be annoying but she's my sister and I miss hanging out with her.

"I think she's in her room, where she's been all day," I slightly smile at her and get up from the kitchen stool.

"I'll call you girls when dinners ready," I nod and make my way upstairs, down the hall and stopping at a bright blue door with the letter H on it.

"Harm?" I knock but get no answer.

"I know you're in there. I can hear Shawn Mendes playing," I snicker as I hear her groan.

"What?" She sounded irritated and opens her door roughly causing some wind force to blow into my hair.

"Who twisted your underwear?"

"I don't want to be bothered with any of you people. None of you care about me anyway," She rolls her eyes, walking back to her bed and playing on her apple computer.

I sigh as confusion crosses my mind. I make my way into Harmony's room, shutting the door behind me. I walk over to her bed, sitting next to her as silence fills the room.

"Harm what do you mean?" I ask her softly.

"Nothing. just forget it, can you leave me alone?" She gave a deadpan look.

"No, not til you tell me what's up with you. You seem so distant like one of those emo kids," She rolls her eyes.

"It's nothing," I sigh deeply.

"Harmony talk to me. I'm your sister from the same mister," I try to lighten the mood but she just gives me a 'please stop' look.

"Ok look, I know you're a teenager and you absolutely are going to have mood swings a lot. But you have Me, Mom, and Har- you have me and mom, to help you with those things." She sighs and closes her laptop, sitting up.

"It's school," I nod waiting for her to continue on.

"It's hard Hermione. It's nothing like middle school where life was so much easier. I hate high school," I frown, grabbing her hand and interlocking them together.

"I know it's tough, coming from someone who stays in the shadows trust me. but you're not alone, you have me. I'm in high school just like you and I know the feeling."