Fourteen | We Meet Again

Chapter 14 : We Meet Again

"For the last time scar, I'm sure Ruby's not dead," I hold her shoulder while pressing my lips together.

"But it's like they keep giving us hints that he's dead in season 2!"

I sighed."They're probably just trying to mess with us. To get us to think he's dead when he's really not."

"Ugh, I hope you're right. He's my baby, he can't die!"

"I feel you sister. Olivia is an idiot for not loving him." Scar and I are talking about the popular Netflix show On my block. Season 2 is really testing me.

"Still can't believe she had the nerve to date—"

"Don't even say it. Still gets me mad," I chuckle a little. The bell rings signaling that our next class has started. 4th-period music. Before Scarlet and I parted ways she spoke. "But the bullet was near his heart!" I rolled my eyes.

"That was Olivia!" I said and continued walking down the hall. I swear that girl stalks their Instagram pages 24/7!

"Good afternoon my talented students!" The music teacher; Ms. Ginger said excitedly. Why is every teacher so happy to be here? Everyone takes a seat in one of the single chairs that are in a circle while Ms. G stands in the middle with a clipboard.

I suddenly feel two presents next to me.

Damon on the right and Brett on the left.

Lord have mercy.

I glance at Brett who's fidgeting with his hand's. My eyes move to the ground where I see a guitar case. Does he play?

"Do you hate me?" I asked, staring at the white tile floor.

"Of course not. Who could hate you?" He glanced at me and chuckles softly.

The world.

"I just thought because of what happened yesterday, you'd hate me," I let out a small nervous chuckle and bite down on my bottom lip.

"That wasn't the reason. I actually had to go, my mom gets worried," He rolled his eyes at the thought of his I'm guessing protective mother. I haven't met his mother, but she sounds nice.

"I know the feeling. I have 19 messages from my mom, asking if I'm Alright," I rolled my eyes.

Ding!

"Make that 20," I chuckled and shook my head.

"I think it's cute." Brett smiled.

"How is having your mom stalk you cute?"

"Least she's here and can still care for you. Not everyone has that," I look down at my lap, feeling a little guilty. I didn't mean to complain about my mother, knowing Brett doesn't have his.

"I'm sorry, " I mumble as the guilt started building up inside me.

"You had to play that card, McCall?" Damon spoke and from the corner of my eye, I saw him shake his head.

"Excuse me?" Brett looked at Damon and raised his eyebrow. I hate these two near each other. It's like getting in between World War II.

"I mean playing the 'I don't have a mom' card? Come on, you made her feel guilty."

"Damon stop," I glared at him. Why does he always have to open his perfect mouth?

"I didn't mean it that way."