Chpt. 9 "Understanding"

(Boar Hat Tavern)

Meliodas: "Thank god that's all over."

Merlin: "Honestly despite the fact that stealth went completely out the window, this didn't turn out all that bad."

Elizabeth: "W-Well... that's not entirely true."

Meliodas: "What do you mean Elizabeth?"

Elizabeth: "Well, when we found King and Diane in that cell, I noticed something but my brain didn't quite get the chance to process it up until now. T-Their child... they... they killed it."

         Merlin, Ban, and Arthur all went pale and even Gowther looked visibly disturbed by this information. A small crackle of dark lightning emanated from Meliodas but he managed to hold his anger in for the time being.

Ban: "I-I can't believe it... Are you sure?"

        A slow, shameful nod from the princess was all the answer Ban needed. The fox's sin slammed his fist down on a table, nearly breaking it in half.

Ban: "Damn it! We were too fucking late to save the kid!"

      Ban plopped down into a chair and put his head into his hands, clearly stressed out of his mind.

Merlin: "*sigh* They both must feel awful. I'll go talk with them about this."

Meliodas: "Let them be Merlin."

Merlin: "Captain, they're going to have to talk about it sooner or later so why not now?"

Meliodas: "First of all, let them have some time alone. They're likely very shaken up so it's not a good idea to bring this up with them just yet. They'll open up about it when they're ready."

Merlin: "Captain I-"

Meliodas: "Merlin! That's an order! Leave them alone!"

        Merlin sighed to herself and shook her head but she backed down none the less.

Ban: "Damn... Who knows how this is gonna affect them in the future."

Gowther: "Likely PTSD, Survivor's guilt, physical trauma, and many other mental problems."

       Everyone merely looked at Gowther in shock.

Ban: "Thanks for the excessive details."

       Suddenly the sins sensed a great presence flying towards them at great speeds and Meliodas developed a look of panic.

Elizabeth: "Sir Meliodas? What's wrong?"

Meliodas: "Impossible! How the hell did HE break free?! Escanor, Elizabeth. Go tell King and Diane that we're about to be under attack."

Escanor: "Right away Captain!"

Ban: "Captain, what the hell is that presence?"

Gowther's thoughts: "I feel like I've sensed this power before."

Merlin: "Arthur, you stay inside as well. Now let's go. Quickly!"

        Meliodas, Merlin, Ban, and Gowther all ran outside and saw an old man floating high above the Boar Hat.

Chandler: "Oooooooh! My precious young Prince Meliodas! It's so good to finally see my apprentice again!"

Ban: "Apprentice?"

Meliodas: "Everyone be prepared to fight with everything you've got. Cause he's the one who taught me how to fight."

Chandler: "My sweep Prince Meliodas, are you still bound by that despicable goddess Elizabeth? Shall I kill her for you?"