Iamhungrycanyoupleasegetmesomethingtoeat.?

A/N - THE NAME ESTEVAN IS THE NICKNAME USED BY JENNIFER FOR ACE BECAUSE SHE LIKES TO CALL HIM BY HIS MIDDLE NAME ( ACE ESTEVAN PARKER).

KEEP READING!

EVA'S P.O.V.

You know there are times when you are so shocked that you are transfixed to your place and not able to move? It's like a heavy load has been dropped on your head and you fail to distinguish whether what is happening to you is worst of your nightmares or is it the ongoing live telecast of the reality of your life. Well that is something which I am feeling since the very second Mr. Apathetic said that we are going to sleep in the same room.

So after taking 10 minutes 25 seconds to process what Ace said, I finally came back to Earth.

Shaking my head I decided to throw my swirling thoughts regarding the coming night out of the window, and went downstairs to help Jennifer prepare food.

You would burn the whole kitchen instead of helping her.

My conscience taunted me.

Well that's true but I need to do something to stop overthinking. I sighed.

I was so engrossed in defending myself from my conscience that I didn't notice when I twisted my ankle at the second last stair and before I realized I was about to fall face flat on the floor.

And right then------

I twisted my other ankle also and first hit the staircase's railing then I fell on the floor face planted.

And no. No prince or hero came to save me by snaking his arms around by waist because my life is really not that cliché. So that is how I fell with a loud

T.H.U.D.

The second I made contact with the hard floor, a pain spread all over my body. I felt something wet on my forehead and when I touched it , red colored blood got smeared on the fingers as there was a cut on my forehead which was bleeding.

Damn that railing.

The loud thud produced when I fell was loud enough for Jennifer to rush towards me with worry etched over a face. She frantically started questioning me if I was okay and gasped when she saw the blood oozing from my forehead.

"How did this happen? Oh my god, you are hurt! Wait I will get the first aid box. How could you be so careless? How-" I cut Jennifer's concerned rambling.

"I am okay Jenna, I just-" I was cut off my an angry Jenna.

"Estevan just make Eva sit over there while I get the first aid box." Jennifer shouted to Mr. Apathetic who I presume was in the kitchen.

"Why do I have to do that? Can't she just walk straight without swaying for at least a minute?" Ace answered coming towards us with a frown etched on his face like always. Jenna glared at Ace and went to get the first aid box.

Wasn't he supposed to act like he cared about me? That's what he told me upstairs.

'Act like a happily married lovey dovey couple in front of Jenna. I don't want her to know.'

Did he just forget that?

I was broken from my staring session with the wall in front of me by a strong yet firm hold on my elbows, picking me up. I snapped out of my staring to see grey eyes filled with boredom, irritation and annoyance, and his hands were supporting me as he took me towards the dining table. I sat on the chair and started to blankly stare at the wall, again.

I was suddenly blank. Was it because of the fall I just had? But that is pretty normal with me. Maybe I hit hard this time. That explains the reason for the killing throbbing in my head making me feel somewhat dizzy.