Chapter 1

Echo POV:

I woke up in last night's clothes again. I don't know how I slept in jean shorts, but whatever. I guess I've been feeling unmotivated and depressed again. Who knows what's causing it anymore? Whether it's My parent's divorce, living with my toxic father (I don't see him as my dad anymore, not even as a father figure) and sister, my mother's disappearance, my horrible childhood, or even knowing I'll never be free, and live my own life, and be a YouTuber like my Idols.

I should tell you; I'm talking about The Boys on YouTube. Their names are Joshdub, Mully, Juicy, EddieVR, and Your Narrator. They also make videos with their friends Smashing, Reekid, GabbyVr (Eddie's Fiancee), and I think Swaggersouls (I've seen him in a few videos with them). And they all play VR with each other.

Anyway, I woke up still in last night's clothes since I didn't bother changing into my PJs last night. I checked my phone, getting a text from my father. Probably to point out my flaws about my grades or whatever again. Sure enough, he's pointing out how I have a B in History class. Otherwise, I have all A's, but nope, all he sees is a stupid B. Why do I even bother trying to make him proud anymore?

I ignored his text, getting up to go to the bathroom. I didn't bother checking my weight since I'm too scared to step on the scale. My father always pointed out how I was on the heavier end of the spectrum. He would always point out how I would always have to wear larger clothes. I'm not as chubby anymore, but I'm still overweight.

I finished up in the bathroom and went downstairs to get something to eat. I went to the kitchen, getting some choccy milk and fruit snacks (not meant to be a juicy pun, I just thought of fruit snacks 🤣🤣🤣).

I went back upstairs to my room, deciding to go on YouTube since it was Saturday morning, and The Boys would have uploaded today. It turns out they were reading more fanfics, which is one of my favorite kinds of videos they did together (don't judge me, they're hilarious). They always made me smile and laugh the most in forever.

I must have been watching YouTube and reading fanfics for so long that I didn't realize my father had come home from work. I turned off my phone and pretended to clean my room, even though it was mostly clean. If you're wondering, only some clothes and other knick knacks are lying around. My father suddenly came into my room.

D: Dad E: Echo/You

D: What are you doing?
E: Just cleaning my room Dad. (Even though I don't see him as my dad, I still call him dad to his face)
D: Well, if you kept it clean, you wouldn't have to deal with cleaning it.
E: Dad! I don't mind having to clean it; I'm not perfect, ok?
D: HOW DARE YOU GIVE ME THAT ATTITUDE!?
*He slapped me across the face*
E: Ow! Dad! What the hell!?
D: LOSE THE ATTITUDE!
E: I-I'm Sorry, Dad.
D: That's what I thought!
D: Now shut up and do something with your life!

My father finally left. I shut my door and jumped on my bed, crying. My cheek hurt like hell from him slapping me. I wish I could get away from him. Wait... He works again tonight... That's it! I can run away tonight!

I went into my closet, grabbed my Backpack, and got some of my favorite clothes, first aid supplies, a toolkit, a blanket, some toiletries, and some money I'd stolen from my father. I also started charging both my headphones and my phone before I packed them as well.

(Edit: I decided to step back from showing my O/C's outfits so I offer just enough to give you a visual idea of what they wear, but not so much that I shove it in your face. So for any old/returning readers wondering where they went, I took them out for that reason)

Now all I have to do is wait for my dad to leave, and I can finally be free from this hellhole.

And that my Cinnamon Rolls was Chapter 1 of Finding Home. Will Echo be free? Will she get caught? Find out in the next chapter (also, the boys will be coming on here soon, I promise) Bye!