.Ch 13.

IM SORRY FOR NOT PUBLISHING
I'm on a road trip and decided to get my shit together sooooo yeah! PARDON ME IF IT'S NOT AN ACCURATE DEPICTION IM VERY AWARE BUT MANY ALTERATIONS TO THIS ARE NECESSARY FOR THE PLOT
-John's pov-

Therapy!? Do I need therapy?! Haha no. That's just their nice way of saying you're insane. They're gonna lock you up in a cage and examine you from every single angle. They'll rip apart your brain and study it piece by piece all for not being able to SUCK IT UP. Just let me do my job and SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I attempted to sleep but any attempt was useless a feeling of frustration clouded my head and it wouldn't let me take a break. My breathing hitched and became quite rapid

I turned to the right to see Blyke sound asleep. Rather loudly I left the room heading to the rooftop. I crept towards the ledge and sat on it. Before me, there was a vast sky of stars which I gazed at almost entranced. Watching the various constellations my breathing slowed to a calm level.

For the first time in ages my head felt...
Well, empty.
However, that emptiness didn't last very long.
The thoughts returned but this time they were different it wasn't the monster it was my own.

I don't need therapy.
That's for people who are sick, I'm not sick I'm fine I can handle it. I've got this under control don't I. Either way I don't deserve to "get better" What if I disappoint everyone. What if they expect me to just "get better" and I don't what if this is the "real" me. What if I'm making up excuses and none of "IT" is real. What if it's just an illusion I created in my head an excuse to do all these horrible things. It could all just be a lie I made up... who knows. Yeah, that's it. These friends don't deserve me all I do is hurt them. My best bet is to go away so they don't get hurt again.

I slid closer to the edge my feet dangling off. I heard footsteps behind me and then felt a hand on my shoulder I didn't quite know who it was yet but their touch was gentle pulling me out of my thoughts so I leaned closer to it.

"John. How about you get down and we have a little talk." Their voice said gently. I nodded complying and they helped me get down. Her arm wrapped around me and we sat on the roof silently. I turned around to see who was comforting me. Remi kept her arm wrapped around me.

I plopped my head back down. "Thanks," I'm muttered.

"Yeah, no problem." She responded her breath shaking slightly. "So... what were you doing up there?" Remi's voice hitched nervously.

"It's not what you think. I was just tryna get a better look at the stars and calm down I just spaced out a bit." I explained realizing what she was implying.

"Ohhhh ok!" She sighed in relief. I gazed into her eyes.

"I'm just a little startled.... by everything." John lied.

"Yeah I could imagine-" Remi was quickly cut off by John.

"No." He responded

"What do you mean no?" She tilted her head confused.

"I mean you couldn't imagine. You don't know what it is like. What it is like to have this completely different person in your head trying to convince you that they're just you and everything in your being telling you that you are just making up excuses... You don't need therapy, you're just a bad person." John ranted his voice rising in desperation.

Remi frowned at that

"Sh. Hey. Hey, it's okay I got you. John, you're not a bad person. You just have a conflict inside of you right now and you've got this." She spoke softly messing with his hair. John leaned closer to her and looked into her eyes. She did the same and he grabbed her waist. Quickly he pulled her onto him and their lips connected, the kiss continued to flow for a while until they broke apart. They looked at each other the stars glimmering in both their eyes. He put his head on her lap and she petted it. John sighed softly and fell asleep. Soon enough she did too. That night not a single nightmare plagued his sleep.