.Ch 7.

I know I'm taking forever to update I'm sorry.... schools been stressful and my brother and I might have Covid so now that we're quarantined I have more time.
-----------------------------------------------
-John's Pov-

I blinked my vision blurry as I tried to take in my surroundings.

"Tch Johnny boy over here." Volcan clicked her tongue in amusement.

"What do you wan-" I was so rudely interrupted.

"I know your secret John. I looked through your files..... I know.. the authorities what they figured out about you."  She circled around me anticipating my reaction.

I froze in place and looked up at her my eyes wide.

"W-what are you gonna do?.." I asked slowly stumbling back.

"I'm going to release your 'demon' and you're going to work with me." She smiled softly and pat my head. I flinched.

"You either cooperate or I'll beat it out of you." She smiled malicious intent burning through her eyes.

I spat in her direction. "Fuck you."

"I take that as you want to do this the hard way then!" She smiled happily.

"Ok! Then. If at any point you want to cooperate just say stop." She beamed.

Volcan activated her ability her eyes flashing a dangerous gold. She took a few steps and slashed me with her fire claws. I yelped in surprise but kept my glare on her.

"You really think that'll get me to give up?" I whispered. I felt the blood roll down my arms.

"No! But it wouldn't drive you mad if I did this quickly. Dumbass all you do is screw up. You couldn't even protect your friends what a disappointment. To be fair you probably would've killed them anyway." She snapped at me.

"No, I-" I paused my eyes widening in realization.

"Yeah, after all, you're just a monster." She snickered. Sure my eyes remained strong not a sign of being phased..... but maybe she was getting to me after all. I stayed quiet wrapped up in my thoughts when I felt a shock coursing through my body.

"GAHH!" I yelled in pain. I squeezed my eyes shut. Is this woman seriously using a taser on me? What the fuck?! The pain stopped suddenly and I fell backward. A sigh of relief escaping my hoarse throat.

Suddenly another shock surprised me out of my state of relief. I let out another sharp cry. Fuck this is pathetic.

"So you wanna give up." She smiled.

"I'm not stupid if I give up you'll probably make me kill my friends...... that can't happen again." I gritted my teeth.

"Awww okay! I'll give you some time to think." Volcan shoved one of her fiery claws in my thigh and I let out a sharp gasp. My vision blurred and I fell unconscious. Drifting away into the depths of nothing.

-No one's Pov-
~starting as soon as John left~

In the room, Isen, Blyke, and Remi were being held in they began to panic.

"What do you think they're going to do to him!" Remi cried.

"I-I don't know," Blyke responded truthfully. A solemn atmosphere was created in the room. They all starred at the door expecting it to open at any moment. But several minutes passed and no one came.

"Do you think he'll be ok?..." Remi whispered.

"I hope so," Blyke responded his voice shaking slightly.

They stayed quiet and heard muffled voices in the next-door room.

"What do you wan-" the whole conversation was muffled but it was clear that Volcan and John were in the next-door room.

They tried to listen but despite their best efforts, they could only make out a few words. The tenseness in the room only escalated the longer they attempted to listen.

"Fuck you." They heard John raise his voice. Then more muffled voices. A loud Yelp echoed across the walls and they winced in response.

"John!" Isen yelled in frustration. They looked at the wall in anticipation and for a while, they heard silence. That was until a nerve-wracking scream made its way through the room. The scream slowly came to a stop and heavy breaths could be heard from the wall.

"Holy shit we have to get him out of there!" Blyke gritted his teeth. A sharp gasp of air echoed and then nothing.... silence came about the room.

"Do you think he's dead?..." Remi asked tears rolling down her cheeks.

"No, I doubt it he was probably knocked out or something...." Blyke said trying to reassure both Remi and himself.

They nervously laid down on the pavement. This feeling of helplessness was gnawing at them. John was getting hurt and there was nothing they could do.

Absolutely nothing......

To be continued
:) I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I'll try to update more make sure to comment if you notice any mistakes or are confused. Please let me know if you like the story so far.

Have a cookie!!! 🍪 And a wonderful day.