Chapter 17- Summons

Aelin and Freya had practically inhaled three days worth of whatever that disgusting, tasteless slop they called food was in the great hall.

Rowan and Fenrys had just chuckled, watching them before Aelin had essentially launched herself at her mate, leaving Freya and Fenrys to sit across from them uncomfortably, although Freya didn't hide the smile that escaped her face at the young queen's lack of embarrassment or a care in the world as she kissed him silly.

At last, they all set off to find their companions, finding them as they entered an ancient study at the very top of the keep and beheld the gathered group inside.

Gavriel was already there, stood with Chaol, no sign of Elide or Lorcan.
Chaol's father, was unfortunately also present, glowering when he beheld the two female Fae.
They only gave him matching cat-like smiles and sauntered up to the large desk.

A tall, broad shouldered man stood with Nesryn, Sartaq and Hasar.
Handsome and brimming with an impatient sort of energy. His brown eyes were welcoming, his smile easy. Aelin liked him already.

"My brother," Hasar waved a hand not looking up,
"Kashin."
The prince sketched a graceful bow, which Aelin and Rowan offered back.

He didn't acknowledge them though, staring behind, directly at Freya.

"Lyda?!"

She smiled and Sartaq scoffed, "Of course you would remember her." as Hasar clicked her tongue impatiently, "Did I not explain Kashin?"

"Well, yes, But I still didn't think our old nursemaid was The Shadow!"

At that she laughed, "You always were my favourite Kash, but I am surprised you remember me, you were still sucking your thumb last I saw you."

A blush painted his honey cheeks, and Sartaq let out a peal of laughter, "You were his favourite too you know, he cried for a week when you "resigned"."

Many in the room laughed but Fenrys hissed in her ear, "Kash?" - which she ignored, her grin only  growing wider.

Then the doom-cloud Lord  himself cleared his throat, evidently they needed to get back to business.

Rowan motioned to the desk and asked the royals,
"Have you decided then- where you shall march now?"
Such a simple, calm question, with the fate of Terrasen resting upon it.

"North. We shall indeed go north with you. If only to repay you for saving our army- our people."

The Terrasen Court tried not to look too relieved, but a small weight lifted from their shoulders.

While they argued about what path the army should take, a cold dark feeling began coursing through Freya's body tugging, pulling at her.
Fenrys instantly noticed the change, the fear that appeared in her eyes and silently they slipped away, out of the room into a side passageway.

They didn't speak for a moment, while she collected herself, but then she looked up at him whispering,

"She's calling me back."

Dread, ice cold, trickled over his bones. Somehow, in all the madness, he kept forgetting she was still bound to that monster. That she wasn't free like the rest of them. That she wasn't free with him.