Chapter 28- Epilogue

Immediately after her return, she'd visited Yrene instantly, who'd managed to untangle the dark mess of the mating bond inside of her, allowing her to finally mate with Fenrys, something that was...enjoyable.

Aelin's first child was born in the next few months, without any hardship, as if by a miracle.

Their court was blossoming, into something quite... normal. Of that of a royal court anyway, but it was never boring, their queen and her circle could guarantee that.

Soon there was less time for all that, when it seemed the palace was overrun with tiny children, scampering around turrets, and falling down stone stairs.

They continued the tradition of A's, with Rowan and Aelin's oldest, her heir, a golden-haired girl with bright green eyes, named Ariah, but the next one, a boy they didn't bother with tradition so much, with Aelin announcing she would only call her son Alexander when he did something stupid, so the golden prince, with Ashryver eyes (so similar to his mother's cousin) was known affectionately as Xander.

It had been to much to ask for for two fairly easy births, so the third and final pregnancy was dangerous, so dangerous Aelin took Freya aside during the birth, making her, and oddly only her, swear to kill her, do whatever it took, to just save the baby.

As if she knew only her shadow would dare, in following her queens orders. Rowan could never bring himself to harm his mate, and the others could not kill their queen. But Freya understood Aelin's mother's love for her unborn child, and secretly swore it.

All was in vain, as fiery queen managed to finally give birth safely (if you don't count the burned bed and healers) and her little girl, who's health was called into question for a few weeks, but fought with her tiny body,was named Elentiya something her mother explained to mean, "Spirit that cannot be broken."

After a few years everyone had children, Elide and Lorcan had a lovely quiet little boy named Cal, after her father. Aedion and Lysandra had a mischievous little girl that was born, the spitting image of her father, but liked to change it up every other day, often leading to some marvellous pranks.

News from across the channel was that Nesryn had become empress after her husband Sartaq won the khagahn without killing any of his siblings, the first time in all of history. Their boy was born within a year, Prince Tarik the firstborn, but not necessarily heir to their empire.

Manon and Dorian had at least, acknowledged their connection, in that she was now the official rider of his aerial cavalry of wyverns. That was a far as they'd gotten, which still was a large step for the witch-queen.

Arguably, Freya and Fenrys were equally behind, they were yet to have any children, not for Fenrys's lack of trying however. The two were often sent as emissaries for their queen, due to Freya's knowledge of foreign courts and love for freedom. They thrived away and at home, still utterly in love.

They were currently visiting Dorian, to oversee one of his construction plans for a project involving new Torre Cesme's being built in each kingdom, first in his own- that was Yrene's initial idea.

After a long day of talks and preparations, Fenrys was bathing, and his mate had just gotten into bed.

"Fen, I went to see Yrene this morning."
She called out cautiously, smiling secretly to herself.

"Oh yeh?" He called back, "Did she give you that list, with the uh, training room supplies?"

She huffed a laugh, "Yes I've got that, but we had quite an interesting chat, she said er, twins are genetic... did you know that?"

The sounds of splashing from in the tub ceased immediately, "I knew that yeh, why were you thinking about it?"

"Oh well I don't know, just about the future I guess.
Would you want two boys or girls, or one of each?"

"Is that a trick question?"

"...Maybe."

Slapping sounds of water started as her mate, abruptly stood up in the tub and walked into their shared chamber, only a grey towel wrapped around his muscled waist, bronze skin still gleaming with water, golden hair sopping wet. He fixed his onyx eyes on her narrowly,
"I wouldn't care, children are a blessing."

He studied her face closely, she was sat cross legged on the bed, twisting her golden ring around her finger, something he knew she did whenever she was nervous, though her face may be masked of any fear.

"Wouldn't you say one of each is perfect?"

His heart pounded, "Why?"

Her face twisted into a mischievous grin, "I'm surprised you haven't scented them on me pup..."

He blinked, then blinked again.
"Y-you're. We're..., we're?"

"Yes."

"Twins."

"Yes."

"One of each."

"Yes."

His face broke into a brilliant grin, as he stood in the middle of the room, and howled loudly for joy in an eerily realistic manner, before bounding to her side to kiss her deeply.

"I take it you're happy then." She chuckled and he flicked her nose teasingly, "Of course, Yrene confirmed it?"

Her eyes sparkled, "This morning, she performed an exam, everything's perfect."

He smiled in relief, his protective instincts running on overdrive, "I'm going to be a father." he whispered, awe-struck and she smiled laughing, which faded as worry clouded her eyes.

"Fenrys, what if I'm not a good mother, I don't want to be anything like her."

He grabbed her chin lightly, "You will be an amazing mother, it's not like I have any idea what to do either!"

She smiled at that, her hand unconsciously drifting down to her belly, "I wonder if we should continue the tradition of F's for names, maybe just for the first born, I feel like the girl will come first." She mused out loud.

"You have names planned already?" He grinned not at all surprised.

"Of course... if the first is a boy then he'll be Felan."
"Felan..." he tested it, "I like it, and if it's a girl?"

She smiled nostalgically, "Feyre." She breathed, and he knew it was somebody she'd met in her time away.
"It's beautiful love, if the second is a girl, ...can we call her Ruelle?"
"Hmm it does sound lovely, how come?"
"It was my mother's name" he admitted and her heart warmed,
"Of course, that reminds me... if the second is a boy, we should name him after your brother."

His face tensed slightly, but didn't harden, "Connall?" He questioned, "The same name?"
"Well maybe, it could be something similar.." she trailed off hastily, "Like Connor or Conry."

His face screwed up at, "Connor." but relaxed at "Conry."

"I love it." He admitted a tad hoarsely, and she sagged in relief, smiling excitedly,

"Feyre and Conrys."

"How are you so sure they'll come in that order?"

"I just know."

***
Thanks for reading- hope you like the extra!!
Check out my new Throne of Glass story called Princess of Bogdano- which I've just started a couple of chapters for, if you want to read more like this!! It's an Aedion x OC
Xx